Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects CUTTING UP A 38 PLYMOUTH....Un-cutting it!!! (Then cutting it up again!)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by cgc1958, Mar 4, 2016.

1. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE OUR RENDERING!!! Thank you for noticing!!
    The 38 Plymouth was not a desirable style, there's a reason that style only lasted a year!
    Here's my 2 cents:
    If you're not going to hide your plastic fan, then you should consider using your "wood" SAWZALL on that plastic, so it doesn't "ruin" the look of your grill.;)
    But, hey to each his own!! You know what they say about opinions....now just add a banana!!:rolleyes:
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    Thanks!! I appreciate that!
    Thank you!
    Thanks a lot!
    Thanks Bob!
    Thanks so much!!

2. Who let the restorer in....:D
    Great work as usual, I haven't seen this for some time, so nice to see progress.:)

3. Oh boy, this old chestnut. :rolleyes:

It's an oxymoron. If any car comes from a factory a certain way, that's what it looks like. It's not chopped unless it's chopped...THEN it looks chopped, because it is.

4. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow this is awesome! Amazing work you two. I like looking at the parts and figuring out how I would try to make them. Keep it coming!

And IMO: It looks way better actually chopped than looking non-chopped like the fake chop the factory gave it.. or something like that.

5. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

Thanks, glad you like it!
    Agreed!!
    Thanks so much!

Here are some more pics: IMG_1991.JPG IMG_1997.JPG IMG_1998.jpg IMG_2041.jpg IMG_2043.JPG IMG_2045.JPG

6. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

Here are some more progress pics: We've added some ribs to the running boards. We're building new floors & a transmission tunnel. We've added a piece under the doors to fill the large factory gap. We've made some skirts etc. IMG_2154.JPG IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2181.JPG IMG_2182.jpg IMG_2190.JPG IMG_2373.JPG IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2154.JPG IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2181.JPG IMG_2182.jpg IMG_2190.JPG IMG_2373.JPG IMG_2375.JPG

7. Any updates Tracy? I will be working on my rear valance this winter. Going to be making a whole new on like you did yours I was just going thru looking at your pics again. Any advice you can give on making this. Hobo Jim

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  8. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Very nice work.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

This thing is absolutely positively FUCKING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

I would love to see a video of you guys making a panel and the finishing process!!

12. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Ask Tracy, ............It's not just guys;).

Always a pleasure to see work in progress pictures, and read your post cgc1958, thanks:)

13. Ratatoullie -- Here in the US, "You guys" can be applied to either gender. English must be the most confusing language in the world. :)

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

:oops: Sorry about that, i'm confused, i learn everyday. Thanks Late to the party:). Girls are my cute sin;)

scotty t, Late to the Party and Stogy like this.
  15. Would love to see a pic of the welder with out the helmet and to be clear the chick not the dude there's enough of them on here now. And you both do incredible work something to be very proud of.
    Keith

Stogy likes this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We were alerted by @cretin in another thread featuring this team of the news that
    Tracy the lady half of this incredible Husband/Wife team passed away approximately a year ago from complications of cancer.

A very tragic end to something we were so very fortunate to witness. May she rest in peace. She did not have a typical Hamb memorial.

I've been hoping for Clark to return after he feels up to it but I'm not sure when or if that will happen. We miss their stuff.

Condolences to Clark and Family and Friends again...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    scotty t, Speedwrench and 1-SHOT like this.
  17. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Had not seen any new threads for quite awhile and new she had been fighting cancer. Was afraid this was the case. Hook up with Bill Hinze and the boys in Heaven Tracy. you will all make a great team! Larry

Stogy likes this.
  18. Wow that’s sad news my prayers to friends and family......

Stogy likes this.
  19. I'm very sorry I didn't know my heart felt sympathies to Clark and her family.
    Keith

Stogy likes this.
  20. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

My sympathies to Clark and their families.

Stogy likes this.
  21. I, too, feared that this might be the case. My condolences to Clark and their families. I was really praying for Tracy. She seemed to be a really special person.

scotty t and Stogy like this.
  22. That´s awful, so sorry to hear this. :-(

Stogy likes this.
  23. 'Mo

'Mo

Such a loss!

Stogy likes this.
  24. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

I am very sad to read this. Sadness, keep your spirits up Clark, life goes on, and Tracy sees you from heaven, and we all think of you.

25. CadMad

CadMad

Incredibly sad news. I didn’t know Tracy but could sense her passion and devotion for the work that she and Clark shared here.
    I hope Clark heals and gets back to it soon. It won’t be the same but he can stand proud with the respect that others admired about them both.