Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. In the twenties and snow storm on it's way! Time to hibernate.:rolleyes:
    I did get my Beanie in time.:cool:
    Not a creature was stirring!
    IMG_1949.JPG

2. 1022.JPG We are seeing strange weather here,it's snowing/sleeting and raining as I type. HRP

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. :eek:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

3" to 6" Saturday night... maybe it will roll out to sea ?

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  5. Deuces

Deuces

Alberta clipper on it's way to Motown..... get even.jpg Damn, I hate snow...

6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

7. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

All part of living in the Wild Wild West... IMG_6466.JPG

8. Thursday was the first measurable snowfall I've seen since I moved back to Texas 27 years ago. The temp hoovered between 31° and 34° so we didn't lose any tender, tropical plants.
    Fortunately the streets, sidewalks and driveways were warm enough that no snow accumulated, which is a good thing because no one was prepared to remove snow. The Fire Department did put out a bulletin that if the snow caught fire they weren't sure if they would be able to handle it.
    DSCN1171.JPG
    DSCN1172.JPG

9. Now my little friend has found a hole in the fence and now follows me around all day, so I still feed him now that he on MY SIDE of the fence.. He 1st came up on our deck clumping around while I was having lunch and was looking in the window for me. I almost chocked on my sandwhich. LOL.Bruce. 001.JPG

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

Mid to low thirties in the Florida Pan Handle last night but feels a lot colder. Low fifties today.

11. Yesterday its started snowing here.1st snow fall of the season here. Bruce. 001.JPG

12. Deuces

Deuces

We got snow in Motown....:mad:
    5 more days of work and I'm off till next year....:)
    Yay!:D

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  13. pumpman

pumpman

This is what we got this morning and more on the way. IMG_1191.JPG

14. Hey Cob,Bruce is showing his ASS again! HRP

[​IMG]

15. jazz1

jazz1

Snowed all but 5 nights the past month on my route. 3 weeks ago -33 going through English River On. Winter getting old real fast this year. I stay within 250 of home so I don't deal with traffic lights. The cruiser is sort of cool,,ghost car parked at police station. Its made of snow., I took the pic some years ago fullsizeoutput_186.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2dc.jpeg

16. Hot Rod season is over! IMG_2233.JPG

17. dwollam

dwollam

KFC/A&W in Madras. Every Wednesday night, starting about 5 in the summer and 4 in the winter. Not many cars, half dozen guys most nights. 20% off food if ya tell them you are with the old car group.

Then we have our T Bums group that meet every Saturday morning at 9am at Eagle Bakery in Madras and on the 1st Saturday every month we have breakfast at Black Bear Diner in Madras. 20-30 people at Black Bear, 10-15 at bakery. Not just T and A people, a little bit of everything at those. (And here comes the T&A jokes!) I drove the A Coupe to the bakery this morning, was friggin cold this morning. Just now at noon up to 32 degrees. Been low teens at night.

Dave

18. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

GO NAVY... BEAT ARMY !
    DSCN1980.JPG

19. Just shot this from my front porch!:(
    IMG_1951.JPG

20. Mark,you might remember this view from my front porch this afternoon,there was a lot more sun when you sat there. . HRP

1052.JPG

21. Holy Southern Sky!

22. earlymopar

earlymopar

Sounds like a fun group. Good for you guys enjoying your cars through the colder months! -EM

23. CBurne7

CBurne7

How'd that work out for ya... LoL
    - 78th Army Band.

We got our first snow in Baltimore yesterday. Didn't stick on the roads, but you bet your junk they salted the ish out of every daggon inch of asphalt in the city.

Maybe now I can get some work done on my motor instead of feeling like I need to drive my car.

24. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Winter is officially here in the eastern USA, and in So Cal, too. But, some of the trees are confused as they still think it is summer and the leaves are hanging around for a few more months. There are some clouds between the weather fronts coming in from the ocean, but it is relatively warm, even on the coast line.

Most of seasonal trees have dropped their leaves and are bare until the spring, but the others? As of yesterday, So Cal has had a slew of 75-80 degree days on the coast line. If you drive inland about an hour, the scale jumps up 5 to 10 degrees. But the coast still has the ocean influence for about 4 miles inland.

Sunday, we drove inland about an hour to see our granddaughter perform in a primary role of a local dance troupe's, Nutcracker show. Last year, it was at night and very cold/moist. This year? It was a daytime show with the temperature at 86 degrees and "shorts" weather. The performance? Wow, outstanding... we were proud grandparents. Weather? What weather?

Jnaki

The fires are devastating north and south of Orange County, but, that is one part of living in a dry desert climate. This area would have remained dry and barren until the actual importing of water to make things grow…so goes the So Cal history. But, the open space that is left, becomes barren and dry. It is susceptible to small sparks and big fires. Most communities are still on certain days of water rationing for their yards.

During the winter months, the SCAQMD issues a no burn alert if the air quality is really bad. When the smog builds up, the notice is issued. But, there is an up to the date interactive map online to show the areas that are ok to burn.

What is a no-burn alert?

"The South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) issues a 24-hour no-burn alert for residential fireplaces, outdoor fire pits and wood stoves when emissions and stagnant weather cause unhealthy levels of fine particulate pollution. Alerts are issued each year from November 1 through the last day of February, typically for the entire South Coast Air Basin. During a no-burn alert, SCAQMD requires that residents refrain from all indoor and outdoor wood burning. The wintertime program became mandatory on November 1, 2011 under the provisions of Rule 445 – Wood-Burning Devices (PDF)."

So, where there are four seasons in the USA, that is an envious thing. No alerts, no rationing, etc, but we all have to put up with our own climate regularities or irregularities. So Cal would like rain and snow, but we have to be careful of what we wish for because a torrent of winter weather will probably cause landslides and flooding all over. Whew!!! With the recent fires, we are in for a mudslide of a time in the lower reaches of the valleys.
    Stay safe...

25. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. At least we can't say you don't know your ass from your elbow....

chryslerfan55 and oldsjoe like this.
  27. Snowed a little on Saturday. I was laying low anyway, had a cervical nerve root injection done the previous day. Roads are pretty dry, I'll have the Ford out later after work.

28. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

3" to 5" changing to rain...
    DSCN1981.JPG

Attached Files:

dwollam, chryslerfan55, jazz1 and 4 others like this.
  29. [​IMG]
    Already changed to rain here. Now we just need to get back to the 50's

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, oldsjoe and patmanta like this.