Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I'm glad I drove the hot rod last weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Weather has really changed since last weekend,really unusual to be getting sleet this early in the South.

I drove my old sedan to work today because I didn't believe the weather man but this time he got it right,I decided to go back to the house and get the daily driver,if some idiot runs into me I don't want it to be my hot rod. HRP

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. cold and dry this week up in the Great Pacific Northwest(west side).. LOL... may need to go for spin this evening..

HOTRODPRIMER and Chavezk21 like this.
  3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I arrived at Ft. Gordon Georgia in November 1971 for MP training it was 85 degrees. 3 weeks later it snowed and they closed down the entire post. And I thought the weather in SoCal was weird.

HOTRODPRIMER and chevy57dude like this.
  4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Snowed in Houston this morning. About an inch or two. Just enough for people to drive 25 mph faster than usual. Gotta love it.

Darkfour, Bugguts, Texas Webb and 4 others like this.

5. The Chevy has been in the upholstery shop for the new headliner. Slipped it home as the snow clouds loom.
    Guess that's all till spring. We're fortunate this year, hot rod weather lasted through November.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. ratrod0

ratrod0

Power just went off Friday 6:30 8" of snow on the hand rail, still snowing. It' going to snow all night and into the morning. Just sold my 32 ford roadster to a guy that lives in Oklahoma he picked it up at 2aclock with. 3 inches of snow on the ground and I'm loading it up on the trailer for him. What a day

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Drove my coupe last weekend. Managed to find nice Michigan days to drive it every month this year.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

It's snowing with a wintery mix in Landis NC. 25mi North of Charlotte NC. Haven't driven my coupe in over a week so I am ready to go at the first ray of sunshine and dry roads................

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Baton Rouge, Louisiana this morning. Crazy. Most snow ive seen in my 42 years
    IMG_1486.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG

10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

We were on the north edge of the snow, only got about 2" or 3", but the good thing was the ground and roads were still warm, the roads stayed clear, just wet. Just about 40 miles as the crow flies southeast of me got around 7"!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

It was 24 degrees this morning in sunny Sierra Vista, AZ. But it did warm up. Although not enough for me to take my jacket off.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. desotot

desotot

Something wrong here, our snow melted, we might have a green Christmas here in Canada, I'm all for global warming. I wanted to move to California when I was a teen, now California is coming here. Heck, I'm looking forward to beach front property, right now we're at 1100' altitude..............just kidding, but we might have a green Christmas.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

So far not a flake of snow here in Griffin, and we're only about 40 miles South and 30 miles East of you! Weird!
    What's this about selling your roadster Barry? You got plans for something else?
    Sold a house yesterday and got the check from real estate today. Went to the bank to deposit and WTF? The damn bank was closed "Due to inclement weather":eek::confused:
    38* and a little drizzle is all, and here I am 80 years old and traipsying about out in it all day and the damn bank is closed on a Fridayo_O:rolleyes:
    But in all charity, this bank is a branch of a bank headquartered in Birmingham, AL, where I think it hit about like it did up to the North and to the West of me, guess they thought we all would get it.:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Pretty odd to happen for us in South Texas,but nice to see.Merry Christmas all.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

Got 10" of "a light dusting" on the deck rail now. Hadn't seen a single flurry this fall prior to today, and hardly any weather at all at freezing or below. Ground is warm enough that there's only 2-3 inches left on the driveway so the roads oughta be clear and dry by noon tomorrow. Supposed to drop to around 26* overnite though so that'll produce plenty of early morning ice to put a few hundred cell phone addicts in the ditches.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Stinkin' hot outside, so I went for a cruise around town and a walk on the beach.

Still suffering from "whiplash eyes" checking out this years women's swimwear fashions.
    [just when I thought they couldn't get smaller, I was proven wrong again :p]

17. robracer1

robracer1

last weekend toys for tots show at Streetside Classics, temp 70, drove roadster wearing a t-shirt.

This weekend 8 to 10 inches of snow here in Marietta Ga, I'm also glade I drove my Hot Rod last weekend.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. ratrod0

ratrod0

Ok got up this morning had 12" and still snowing
    West of atlanta

HOTRODPRIMER and robracer1 like this.
  19. ratrod0

ratrod0

20. Rand Man

Rand Man

I am determined to get my coupe out this afternoon just to run some errands. It should be in the 40’s here. I think I will survive without a heater. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

HOTRODPRIMER and Tim like this.
  21. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Some posts are better with pictures.

22. OFT

OFT

High winds past three day's mid 30's. No Snow!!! which made for a dry November in North Central Colo. The '29 in avatar is my DD. Use towel's on doors as "seals" for help keeping the cold wind out. Been driving it for over 40 years with a couple different motors.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. I had planed on taking my Merc out for the Last Run this AM, But as I was getting
    ready to go out It Started, its just a Dusting of the White Stuff but its
    Snowing very Fine.
    The SALT Trucks were Out so no Driving for Me.

Just My 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

The Des Moines, Iowa TV news was saying last night it's been something like 700 plus days since we've had a snowstorm of 3 inches or more, I guess that's some sort of record. No snow around here yet and we didn't get much last winter.

A number of years ago family in Lubbock, Texas had had more snow than we had by Christmas time so I bought them a plaque for their wall that said, "Let It Snow". :D

It must have been the winter of 1975 - 1976 that I was in San Antonio and the temperature dropped and it snowed several inches. Everybody went out and made snowmen and had snowball fights. It took it about 2 hours to melt off.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Got our 1st snow of the season here too I put the 56 Chrysler back in the shop.Bruce. 007.JPG

26. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Sunny & may hit 50 in Denver today. Gonna break out the F 1 and get in yet another fine day of cruisin around.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. And it ain't even winter yet! HRP

28. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

I'm happy to oblige :D

whiplash eyes.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. jazz1

jazz1

I did not know it snows in Louisiana. Learn something new everyday.
    Around here i install my snow tires Halloween and they stay on until end of April.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. It is unusually,from Texas,Louisiana,Alabama,Georgia,South Carolina on up,this is the earliest in the season we have ever seen weather like this. HRP