Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Still coming up empty handed. All the leads turned out to be dead ends.

els and loudbang like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Guardian Hemi Gods will look after you...they are on your side but they can be a wee bit testy...;)

els, loudbang and mad mikey like this.
  4. mohead1

mohead1

Yuengling is one of my favorites

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

els and loudbang like this.
  5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I think there is one leaned up against the windmill at the farm. Can't remember why we didn't use it though. Machine shop found something with it. Maybe decks pitted or something. I will look. Lippy

joel, els, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Thanks go out to everyone looking. I have received a bunch of private messages regarding info on potential blocks. I have plenty to do in the mean time. The shop is getting put back together. Im polishing everything aluminun or mag. The pri show is also coming up soon.

mad mikey, els, bobwop and 1 other person like this.
  7. Now that the dust has settled from last season its time to get busy for next year. There are some big changes coming next year. I loaded up the truck with a few hemis and ran over the to rogers. By the time i was done loading everything up i almost had no where to sit. Some local guys are currently using rogers services so i offered to run their parts over along with mine. Im including a few sneak pics 20171202_110823.jpg IMG_2361.jpg IMG_2362.jpg of whats to come.

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Don't show that to Jim Forbes!

loudbang, squirrel and mad mikey like this.
  9. He already knows. Too bad there was not another one available. Its exactly the combination of parts he needs.

10. Wow. Welp' ..... first order of business is to change that engraving to STAGE VVV. (555)

THIS whole thread is more bitchin' then the value of the word bitchin'. Your wallet is bitchin'. And better, your coupe is happily, your wallet's bitch.

Man oh man, do I wish my wallet had a bitch. In my world, I'm my wallet's bitch. In hindsight, that's just not as cool man. :(

11. squirrel

squirrel

Mmmmmm....shiny!

loudbang likes this.
  12. Im a working guy just like most guys on here. I work a ton of over time to go racing. A kb engine was out of reach for me right now.
    Due to the untimely death of a friend i was able to aquire this complete engine. The estate reached out to me knowing not only that i could use it but also had the knowledge to put it together. They said some things are worth more than money and arranged for me to pick it up last sunday. Out of respect for the families wishes to remain anonymous no further information will be diclosed. I will how ever provide details about the engine.
    Brand new kb water block standard cam height standard deck height
    Polished
    4.5 bore
    4.5 stroke billet vallasco std chrysler rods and mains
    572 ci
    Stage five raised port heads fully ported by stage five.
    Complete stage five valve train
    Heads polished
    We are in the process of pulling sleeves to make it a 4 3/16 bore. This will allow us to use on the shelf pistons and shelf rods.

I feel honored to aquire this engine and will do my best putting it together in memory of our friend.

The gen one hemi that was in my car is going into a friends car. The early hemi developement we have worked so hard on will continue there.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  13. partssaloon

partssaloon

Nice article in Hot Rod mag. Now it's going to have to be rewritten! See you at PRI

enloe and loudbang like this.
  14. My buddy is selling a complete 354 in the Buffalo N.Y. area for $2900 if youre still looking, he runs a green coupe in the 4.80's with a small hemi. FB_IMG_1512326832086.jpg FB_IMG_1512326865369.jpg FB_IMG_1512326883603.jpg FB_IMG_1512326875484.jpg

Dog_Patch, mgtstumpy, enloe and 4 others like this.
  15. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

What an incredible turn of events! That Gen 2 Hemi is going to be capable of producing and surviving so much more power than the old 354. Good Luck Brian!

Dog_Patch, racer-x, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  16. thanks wade 41 i have seen that car run its cool. i only need a block. one that i can sonic test is preferred. im on my way to walgreens my friend don told me the magazine is on the rack there.

enloe, loudbang and Gammz like this.
  17. squirrel

squirrel

I found some pics of the cover of the mag, haven't seen the insides yet...there's a little shot of your car on the strip at the top.

Gonna be a long wait till it shows up in the mailbox!

18. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Your burn out pic was cool in Hot Rod deluxe.

racer-x and loudbang like this.
  19. I picked up one of those today. Im probable the only one who will notice this. The rear tire is off the black portion of the track. This is the exact moment the rear kicked out sending the car into the barrier. The car is starting to go side ways with a stuck wot.

Dog_Patch, enloe and loudbang like this.
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want to like your post but that wasn't a good moment...but the positive in the negative is you learn about future changes and have something visual to refer to, to prevent it and you are still here...

racer-x, loudbang and bobwop like this.
  21. cb186

cb186

Very cool of your late friends family to do this. Make the best of it. I enjoy reading this thread as you move along.

22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Brian, good luck on the new one. Now I see stupid fast in your future. See ya at PRI.
    Tony

loudbang likes this.
  23. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:(Hi Brian.Sorry for your loss.Wishing you and yours the best in the future.
    Leo

24. tony just a heads up on the pri. you can get crazy thirsty walking around looking at the latest and greatest race car parts for four days. you need to come properly prepared if you know what I mean. hambers will meet Friday night after the show at hooters. all drag week racers are invited to. joel we are cutting you off early this year.

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Careful there Brian, the hooch will spend your money.

Dog_Patch, loudbang and racer-x like this.
  26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

27. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Ooh shiney! Looks good. Sorry about the back story, but good to see them going to a good home.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and racer-x like this.
  28. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Mine arrived today. Looks like a nice feature.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Just read the spread in the Hot Rod mag. Very nice piece.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

30. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

What will be the cubic inch after the smaller sleeves?

loudbang likes this.