Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1954 Ford Mainline 2 Door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BanjoBoy, Dec 2, 2017.

1. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me identify what year i can source parts from to finish my car..

I have a 1954 Ford Mainline 2 Door (originally a y block and 3 on tree car)
    somone put in an LS engine and tore the firewall/ Trans Tunnel metal and the Original Engine Mount Supports...

I have access to a 1955 Four Door Customline but im not sure what years i can source parts from....
    Also, how does one join the 52-56 ford car group??
    thanks
    BBoy

2. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

My plan is to use a 312 Y block / Mummert adapter/ T5 Trans/ Stock linkage/ Stock Rear end

warbird1 likes this.
  3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I think the 55 firewall is similar to a 54.

BanjoBoy likes this.
  4. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Awesome
    A buddy has a 56 four door
    I got the 312 out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Squablow

Squablow

54 is kind of a year unto itself in Fords, the 52-53 shares the body from the firewall back, but the '54 is the first year of the ball joint suspension so none of the 52-53 front suspension fits, and also it's the first year of Y block so the earlier Flathead mounts won't swap over either. (front end sheetmetal is also '54 only with the exception of the hood).

For a firewall donor, I think you want a 52-54 Ford car, especially because the oddball 52-54 Ford car hood hinges are tied into the firewall and are prone to have issues. Although if it's just the center of the firewall and the trans tunnel you're after, anything would work, including the 55 donor, with some effort to make it fit. Post a pic of the damage. If the whole firewall is gone (including the hood hinge mounts) you really need a 52-54 Ford firewall donor, the hinges will be a nightmare otherwise.

Motor mounts I'm not sure about, '55 would have Y block mounts in it but the frame isn't a direct swap for the '54 frame so I would think you'd really want '54 motor mount pieces.

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If you were closer I know of a few 54s in the junkyards,I know the 55 and 56s have a recess in the firewall for the distributor that I think the 54 also has so that part of the firewall on the 55 and 56 might be usable on a 54.

7. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Getting the 55 donor today

I will post pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk