Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucas Miles, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

Hello first time posting on here.
    I just bought some property and this old truck comes with the place. Wondering if anyone knows what it is and maybe what year? There is no emblem on it. I did not dig real deep into looking at it just snapped these pictures. Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

Probably a 31 Chevy

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

Cool thanks for the info. The guy thinks he has a title for it but is looking. Do you know if it would be a major deal to find some doors for this?

4. squirrel

squirrel

I expect they are not real easy to find, but you could probably find some if you're patient. The truck is a one ton....they were made to move slowly....do you have any idea what you'd want to do with it?

5. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

I would just like to get it running and drive it uptown to get lunch..... maybe put a flatbed and haul some firewood around the place.

The engine and trans is all there i did not investigate it but opened up one side of the hood and it looked like a newer overhead valve 6cyl engine in it. I figured this would have had a flathead in it originally but i don’t really know. The radiator and everything is all there and seems to be fine who knows if it leaks or not. But just looking i don’t see and obvious reasons it wouldn’t run with a little messing around.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Chevrolet would not have had a flathead in it. show a picture of the motor

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Graham Bros?

8. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

I’ll go out there tomorrow and get a few more photos and maybe can identify it better. Thanks for the help

9. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

This 1960 Pontiac Star chief is also out there. It still has 1960 plates on it and the odometer says just under 8k Miles on it. It’s nice. The interior looks brand new

Attached Files:

10. squirrel

squirrel

The 31 Chevy engine looks like this

31 chev engine.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Slopok

Slopok

The Gas Monkey lately has been buying a couple of houses that also came with a few cars!
    That long roof is sweet. Tri color interior to?:cool:

12. 20171121_162023.jpg
    Lets see if I remember this right, 31 to 33 Chevy trucks (which is what this is) were pretty much all the same, They had an overhead valve straight 6. This one is sitting in my yard. It's like the one on your property.

13. Fordors

Fordors

Agreed^
    The raised panel around the louvers seen in the first post started in 1931 on both passenger cars and trucks, and continued through ‘33 on the trucks.
    Keep the faith Lucas, from the looks of that building those doors might be in there somewhere!

14. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lucas,

I am not trying to be a dick, but you need to go back into your account settings and enter your location. It is helpful to know where folks are from. If you take a look at everyone's avatar who has posted to this thread you will notice their home towns and states. Just sayin'.

wbrw32 and Donuts & Peelouts like this.
  15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I was also thinking what fordors mentioned; the doors (and other parts) may be around there somewhere. They may have been stashed somewhere where they wouldn't get stepped on. It's clear someone was restoring the truck as it has new wood (and tires?). Possibly the engine has been gone through. Has someone also gone through the brakes and chassis? Huge bonus if they did.

The Pontiac flat top with its tinted windows looks like it would polish out nicely. Good 'go to town' car.

16. scotts52

scotts52

I've seen a few posts where people talk about vehicles coming with the property. Who are these people that just walk away from such cool stuff? I couldn't do it.

17. My brother left me his 31 chevy truck cab when he moved away. Had doors but no wood or cab top or back. I cut it into a modified. scan0040.jpg

18. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

I added my location.

I appreciate all the info on the truck. I talked to the guy that owned the place and he said what’s there is all he has. Supposedly engine has been all gone through and yes new wood. Tires appear to be ok just from glancing when walking by. Tomorrow I’ll get more pictures of the truck and car. Not sure on the tri color interior bu it’s more then one color i do know that!

Thor1 likes this.
  19. clem

clem

Why does the grille surroud look different.? Or is it just camera angles.

20. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Lucas. It is much appreciated.

21. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a nice truck..

22. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I’d love to have the 60 poncho. Hope that comes with the property too!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Nice truck and Pontiac. I'd be interested in the Pontiac if you plan to sell it and I'm not too far from you.

24. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

I might sell the car sometime down the road would like to get it running and drive it around a little with my friends. Think it would be a fun little machine! It does have the 3 color interior also.

After looking at the truck some more it does have the original engine. It’s had 3 door hinges not sure if they are all like that or not?

Attached Files:

302GMC likes this.
  25. Lucas Miles

Lucas Miles
    from Lyndon IL

Thanks for the info on the truck. If anyone knows of any doors i would be interested in purchasing. I’m a truck driver and travel a lot of the country. Depending on where at i can possibly pick them up.

26. flatford39

flatford39

You need to look around the property. I bet those doors are there.