Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone still use Binks model 7 ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu D Baker, Jan 8, 2009.

1. dep5

dep5

Both the Binks model 7 and model 18 appear to have been equipped with .070 fluid nozzle orfices in their most common configuration; so I'm curious, if both guns have identical set ups, what features made one more suited for production enamel vrs production lacquer? Thanks

2. dep5

dep5

Which gun, Model 7 or Model 18, would you recommend using to source components in order to choke down from .070" to .040" ?

3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I have a Binks 7 , a Sharpe, a Delvibiss , and 3 foam rollers , 2 sash brushes , 1 1” flat brush . All work well but I’m no pro , I suspect used by a pro there can be a huge difference in equipment .

loudbang likes this.
  4. toad611

toad611
    from Tennessee

Model 18

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. toad611

toad611
    from Tennessee

If I remember correctly the 18 had a larger selection of smaller fluid nozzles, and I believe that the main difference between production enamel and lacquer was the choice of air nozzles and the way they would atomize the paint. When acrylic enamel came out Binks offered the SK series air nozzles for all their guns. I can’t remember if you changed fluid nozzles for acrylic enamel?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  6. I still have my binks and still use it.

toad611 likes this.
  7. Matt50

Matt50

I know this a year old... but I just got some old spray guns from my father in law and I'm wondering if they are worth while. One is a binks 7 drip proof 2, couple craftsmans and a speedy. These are from 70s, 80s. Binks is missing the I guess cap? Has a tip.

8. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Hey Bill, I got a Binks 7 from Phil Challis a Zillion years ago----Learned the basics of painting from Phil----Never learned much more since then----Other than a gravity gun lets you use the LAST drop of the STUPIDLY expensive paint we have to deal with. By the way, Phil also gave me a "garden hose" fluid nozzle---It will squirt semi set up primer like a garden hose. As a matter of fact I still use it to spray my hanging plant flowers on a regular basis!!! Rinaldi