Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Dynaflow rebuilders in Socal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stuckonda101, Nov 19, 2017.

1. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

Just got screwed over by a buddys "transmission guy" My buddy was to remove the trans off my 59 and have his guy rebuild and he would put it back. I was quoted one price, then after i spent the money on the rebuild kit, the trans guy called me back and more than doubled it! So I was wondering if anyone knew or owned a shop with dynaflow experience, that can do it.

Thanks!

2. justpassinthru

justpassinthru

You can try http://www.restorationhydramatics.com. He is in Salinas Ca. Gene is a really nice guy to deal with.
    He is an old codger and likes to talk. He is usually there at the shop after 12:00 PM. I don't think they let him drive anymore and has to take the buss. His parts prices are really fair. I don't know about his labor charges. Gene really knows early GM transmissions. Give him a call.

Bill@ Pro/Car Transmission
    Chicago IL

3. 4woody

4woody

Gene is quite a character, but seems to have a good reputation.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope someone can intern with him, and take up the mantle.

These old guys are Gold.

warbird1 and LBCD like this.

5. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

Thank you! I will be giving Gene a call soon

6. I love my Buicks but I will never mess with a sealed drive shaft drive or a dynaflow trans again. Bruce. 002.JPG

stuckonda101 likes this.
  7. BJR

BJR

Aw come on Bruce, tell us how you really feel.:D

Bruce Fischer and stuckonda101 like this.
  8. toml24

toml24

Call Mike Johnson, owner of Speedway Transmissions. Mike is an oval track late model stock car racer at Irwindale Speedway and is into all street cars. Mike is a very cool dude.
    2015-Mike Johnson business card.jpg 2015-mikes shop 013a.jpg

9. stuckonda101

stuckonda101
    from SFV, CA

Whats your setup in that wagon consist of?

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. (951) 212-8774.. Tranny John Saltsman.. Custom car guy.. Hot rodder and one hell of a transmission guy...

11. BJR. T WAS it buddy.LOL.Bruce. HPIM2053.JPG

12. wicarnut

wicarnut

Have a restored stock 51 Roadmaster with Dynaflow that leaked badly at rear torque ball seal, went to Buick forums and got references for Dynaflow rebuild business's. The price's quoted were from $4500-$6000, with me removing trans and ship it to them, end of that solution for me, my solution, bought factory 51 Buick manual and a factory Dynaflow manual off EBay, good manuals with pic's, bought rear seal kit at CARS LLC Buick parts and fixed it myself (less than$250+ manuals, ton of work and a PIA) IF I would have to fix trans again, the trans and straight 8 is out and a crate 350, TH350 is going in and We'll have a restored classic that the hood stays closed at shows. I'm with Bruce Fischer, never working on enclosed driveline again, but I'm old and not enjoying the hard work anymore. I read on here about the high cost of Hot Rodding, buy an old classic and keep it that way, then you will appreciate how reasonable Hot Rods are, hopefully I helped you some, Good Luck and enjoy the hobby.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Bruce Fischer likes this.
  13. stuckonda it was all original with power steering.I had to replace the motor and trans at the same time.What a nightmare.I will stick to cars with drive shafts with u joints.Bruce.

14. Thanks Wicarnut.That's why I like the 56 Chrysler.She has an open driveshaft and u joints.Me too getting too old for that other stuff.LOL.