Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My 7" Chopped 1930 AV8 Coupe build for 2015 TROG!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, May 29, 2015.

1. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

Me too. Looks like the photos are being hosted at Facebook (never the best solution for hosting and linking to photos). They might be having a problem at the moment or the gallery they were hosted in has been renamed or removed/deleted. If it's a facebook glitch it might come back later.

2. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

I turned off facebook a few years ago, perhaps that's why I'm not getting the pictures. I didn't trust that site to begin with, but was pretty much forced to join so I could tell my nephew, "Yes, I did see the movies of your kids playing soccer". Anyway, I signed up with a user name, not my own name. After a year or so I started receiving a lot of emails that were supposedly coming from many different people in my address book, but they would start with "Hello Uncle", or "Hi Username" and have a link to some drug company, or hamburger joint, or online shoe store. No question that facebook was selling address lists and although they were all fairly safe in appearance, it pissed me off that they were using my address book to back door advertising into my computer, so I turned them off.

I'm also a member of another forum called Shop Floor Talk. A place for folks that build or repair machines of all sorts and they will not allow any links to photos. Every photo must download from an original so there is no chance of them being lost in the future. The photos will stay with every post from now on so there will always be a record of what was going on instead of a big blank spot. Seems to be a very good policy to me.

Sorry, I got a long way away from the cool Model A this thread is about, but I sure would like to see all the photos.

3. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Sorry Guys I am not real good at this but I will try and post them in a different way from now on

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I just revisted this thread and noticed that many of the photos don't show up so I will load what I have here on my home Laptop and see if they help. I since changed the coupe in some ways. We lowered it a little bit and put different wheels and tires on it. 5.60x16's up front and 7.50x16's in the rear. We had also made an aluminum hood and sides for it and put a 32 Ford grille shell and aluminum insert in it. We had also went through the engine and gave it a set of Weiand Heads and Weiand 2x2 intake. Updated the number by giving it speed streaks and added the roof insert that we made for it with Felix the Cat logo from the early Tomcatters. ebony spl.jpg ESheadlights.jpg EShoodtemplates.jpg ES18.jpg EShoodlouvers.jpg EShood1.jpg EShood.jpg ESlogo.jpg ES425.jpg ESengine.jpg ESenginesetback.jpg ES.jpg ESroofinsert.jpg ESWeiand.jpg ESartwork.jpg ESEbony.jpg ESnewhood.jpg ES12.jpg ES1.jpg ES4.jpg ES14.jpg ES5.jpg ES7.jpg ES8.jpg ES2.jpg ES11.jpg ES6.jpg ES13.jpg

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

This last weekend we put both of the cars away for the winter. Maybe if we get a chance later on we will bring them out and run them on the ice if the lakes freeze up enough and we get some one else to run with us. :)
    MrMiserable&EbonySpl3.jpg MrMiserable&EbonySpl2.jpg MrMiserable&EbonySpl1.jpg

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

7. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Gary I know very little about it but I put it on the car because my Great Grandfather was a Navy Seamen who was stationed in Pearl Harbor while it was attacked and he had always loved Felix the Cat. I would remember him telling us stories about the War and what he went through during the bombings. I remember him telling us that one of his friends was a Navy Tomcatter and that was about it. So while we built the car I decided to show homage to him and the log he loved.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I was hoping there was a connection. Neat. Gary

Stogy and lockwoodkustoms like this.
  9. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Gary, we also had the logo on our shirts for this car and even was lucky enough to get a repopped decal for the back window to show Thanks to all those who was in Pearl Harbor during the attack. You can see them both in this photo. :) Thank you for your service sir it means the world to us. Joe Lockwood

Felix the cat Remeber pearl harbor.png

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Joe, you're welcome and thanx. I also had an Uncle that was at Pearl Harbor - he was on a destroyer that was badly damaged while it sat helpless in a drydock. Not a fun day. FYI, you can get a lot of the VF-31 / Felix style graphics on the web (both commercial and from the Military alumni associations) with those cool graphics, including hats, T's, etc.. Perhaps I'll get a chance to meet you at a TROG event one day - I've been trying to make it up since the very first one! Gary

11. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Gary, that would be awesome! I will post build pics of the next car we build so be on the look out after the first of the new year.

Stogy likes this.
  12. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@lockwoodkustoms Joe great looking car, thanks for reposting those pics. Just trying to decide how far my next car should be chopped so this is a great thread as it will be a hard chop. By chance do you have any interior pics?
    Thanks
    Pete

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.