Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok, it's time I introduce myself....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RacingRoger, Oct 27, 2017.

1. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Greetings! I've been hovering in the wings and it's probably time I do the introductions. I've been a car guy for quite a while, and right sure exactly where I get it. Dad was always a sensible guy, buying four-door cars. But he always bought Fords, so I am a dyed-in-the-wool blue oval fan. My first car was a hand-me-down 1970 Torino 4 door. I cut my teeth on that car, and and fell in love with speed and 351 Clevelands. I'm 53 now, and due to retire at the end of the year. I live in Northeast Indiana, but unfortunately I don't have a place to live my Ultimate Dream: build a car from the ground up. I've got a decent start, having an engine collection consisting of a 351 Cleveland (of course), 460 Lincoln Motor, a 302, and a couple of dohc Lincoln modular Motors out of Lincoln Mark VIII's. I do have a couple of toys - a 1966 Plymouth Fury convertible from my wife's side of the family (just barely new enough to not be HAMB material?) And a Lincoln Mark VIII that's basically stock but loud as hell and fun as hell. I'd still like to get a 1970 Torino (2 door GT or Cobra this time), but what I really want is something 1930s vintage to shove one of the many engines I have into. So there we have it - hoping to aspire to a HAMB-worthy automobile before I die and can share on this website. Maybe even something late '50s early '60s Ford (NOT a Mustang - that's what we call a belly- button car) (ask if you don't know what that means) or Lincoln. Something you don't see every day...

slimcat7m3 likes this.
  2. 38 delivery

38 delivery

Welcome from ga.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

My daughter went to grad school at the University of Georgia!

4. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Sorry I am a little late on this, but welcome RacingRoger. If your interested and local there is a small group that meets for breakfast at Petros restaurant in Hammond, Saturdays at 7am. You are more than welcome to attend or PM me for more info. jim32

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Thanks, jim32! Hammond is 125 miles away from me, but I have a brother that lives in Crown Point. If I'm up that way, I'll see if I can look you guys up some Saturday morning!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

I guess I should say I'm in the Fort Wayne area. I'm retiring at the end of the year and I'll have more time for car stuff...

7. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I should read more carefully, I thought that I read you where in north WEST Indiana.
    I am in Crown Point so you and your brother feel free to let me know if you would like to drop by.
    Jim Schuett

slimcat7m3 likes this.
  8. Hello and welcome to the H.A.M.B. enjoy your ride...

9. Welcome aboard from Mississippi

10. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

Thanks! I'm spending more & more time on here. Better than going to school!

11. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. just north of ya in Fremont.

12. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

We have a chance to meet....I'm a member of the Tri State Station train club in the Prime Outlets mall in Fremont!