Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Any central Michigan guys out there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by XtechX, Nov 8, 2017.

1. XtechX

XtechX
    from Edmore, MI

I have a 29 coupe that I have been working on for awhile. I have nearly every part to assemble it and have been working on it regularly for all this time. (2 1/2 years) +/_
    I thought it would be cool to meet people in my area that could help push me along so I can get this hot rod finished up. I'm having a problems with assuring my self that I have the chassis components etc where they need to be mainly. But any other ideas or suggestions that a fresh new set of eyes could bring to the table would help a ton.
    If your from my area and feel like lending a hand and or your wisdom let me know.
    Blanchard,MI

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man, Right smack dab in the middle of the state. A hike for me (just south of Flint) but there has to be a couple guys from around that area. Any pics of your car?

3. XtechX

XtechX
    from Edmore, MI

4. XtechX

XtechX
    from Edmore, MI

Here's a few pics. I just need to know I have suspension correct before final welding. Also that the engine and transmission is in the best place. It's really tight for clearance using the Brookville trans x member leaving minimal room for the fan,electric or mechanical either way. With a tri power, that has an effect to on positioning as well as does the lake style headers. But the dream calls for those pieces to be on there ..lol

5. Looks pretty good as much as I can tell...axles centered under crossmebers, etc. Even with a short water pump you might need a little deeper tunnel in the firewall to move the engine back enough. Trial and error is the best teacher.

6. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Do you belong to NSRA? Check out their fellow pages for clubs or members in your area. There's got to be more than few here also. Good Luck!

7. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Are you using electric fan or engine driven? How much room do you have from pulley bolts to the rad?

Other than that the axle set up looks ok without going over it and checking the angles.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. topher5150

topher5150

To bad you weren't a little closer. Who knows maybe we can still help each other

Sent from my XT1254 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Reds 29

Reds 29

I think we have spoken a couple times. Did you have a red Nova? I'm by Shepherd, and I have a blue 29 coupe. Where exactly are you located? I may be able to get with you some time, my schedule is pretty open.