Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Sometimes happens

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coilover, Nov 8, 2017.

1. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Sometimes good things happen to deserving people. A long time employee and good friend left my shop to start what really held his interest---customs. His talent is undeniable and one of his cars was a great eight award winner at the 2011 Ridler awards (Copperhead 40 Ford Hardtop). He has yearned for a 40 of his own but huge family medical expenses has kept it just a dream. Last week a local 84 year man old died and his daughter found one of Jesse's business cards in her fathers possessions that had "40 Ford coupe $5000". It was from many years ago and Jesse told her it was worth more than that now but she said if her father saved it for that long then that was the price. He goes out the door to look at it at least three time an hour.
    IMG_4413.JPG IMG_4417.JPG IMG_4416.JPG IMG_4414.JPG

TagMan, warbird1, slim38 and 25 others like this.
  2. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Awesome. Good for him.

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. yes....good things happen to good people....glad it's in good hands !

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

5. RacingRoger

RacingRoger

It's great to see some actual good uplifting news once in a while. And know that good people actually win sometimes. Well done!

6. Fordors

Fordors

This story shows there are still people in this world not driven by greed, Jesse offered more money and the deceased’s daughter said no to his offer.
    Jesse is a stand up guy and it sounds like the daughter recognized that and knew the car was going to the right home.
    Well played on both accounts!

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, what a great score. Kudos to him for letting her know that the car was worth now as opposed to what it was worth then. I always find that honesty is the best policy. Also kudos to her for honouring his original offer and not wanting more. It was great that her dad kept his business card for this long as it seems that he was still considering the original offer and needed a name and contact details?
    He could have been less honest and told that it was worth less given that it was a lot older now. Karma, what goes around comes around.
    I had use Google to see the OT Copphead Ford and certainly appreciate the fabrications and skills of those who worked on it however my tastes have changed over time after joining the HAMB.
    He will sadly be missed by your shop and hopefully won't turn his back on you. Any idea what his plans are for the 40?

upload_2017-11-9_12-54-10.jpeg

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Great story, nice that the car will be going to a good new home.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  10. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Awesome story. That's a sweet looking car.

11. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow, great car and karma story. I'd be tempted to go through it mechanically, clean things up and drive it to work as she stands.

12. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Wow... That's one lucky son of a gun !!!

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

x2...What he said...May your friend find fun and happiness with it and hope he is in better health now. As for the Coupe throw on some multiple carbs clean er up throw in some gas and yeah thats awesome. I just noticed that the Coupe has a split personality WWW on one side and BW's on the other...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  14. brady1929

brady1929

That's a great story.

15. Great story. Good to see nice things happen to a stand-up guy. Hope to continue to see pictures of the '40 as time goes by.

16. Sometimes good things happen to good people- sounds like everyone was a winner- Very inspiring!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. The man's daughter deserves a ride in the '40 once it is back on the road.

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Love stories like this. Sounds like a well deserved present. Great looking car.

19. {Congrats !} A cool story. I'll just put this out there. I'm a nice people, I have $5000. and really, really need a 40 Ford coupe! P.M. me.:rolleyes: Ron...

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

21. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

That is a nice story. We need more of that and less of what we see on the news and every press conference. Best of luck to Jesse with the new wheels.

'Mo likes this.