Register now to get rid of these ads!

The fastest and easiest $35 I have ever made. (funny)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Neverdunn 51, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Neverdunn 51

Neverdunn 51
    from Flint, MI

I couldn't even believe this happend to me, so I gotta share it with you guys since it was just too damn good to be true.

The fam and I were tooling along a backroad coming home from a wedding when I see one of them 49cc mini crotch rockets for sale next to a sign that said $50 and three teenagers standing in the yard.

I backed up and pulled in the driveway and asked him if he really only wanted $50 for the bike. He said yea because it didn't run. Just then another truck pulled up in front of his house and I thought he was just having more friends over.

Since I'm a shameless lowballing sonofabitch, I tell him, "Oh, well for $50 I figured I could hear it run - so I'll give you $30 right now." He said, "I just paid $225 for it last summer and it ran great until I put it in storage and I just haven't been able to get it going after it's sat all winter - I can't go that low - gimmie $35." As I was paying him - that truck that pulled up took off.

The seller says, let me run inside and get you the owners manual.

While he was inside I carried the bike to the back of my burb. As I opened the back door to the burb, the guy in the truck had turned around and came back to talk to me. He says, "He man, I wanted that thing but by the time I got turned around you already bought it. I'll give you $70 for it right now." I said, "sure - why not", threw it in his truck instead of mine, and took the $70 from him as fast as I could.

So as the kid was coming out of his house with the owners manual, his friends that saw both ends of the whole thing were laughing themselvs senseless. He was 100% confused when he handed me the owners manual and I turned and gave it to the other guy and shook his hand. He still hadn't put the pieces together as I pulled away and his friends were laughing too hard at him to even tell him why.

I laughed about it for the next 15 minutes home as the wife just shook her head in disbelief.

The other funny part was that me and the guy in the truck were both trying to wrap up our seperate deal so damn fast that I never even thought to tell him that the damn thing didn't even run!

[big sigh] Good times!

2. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

shoulda brought it home, cleaned the carb and you could've made more than $35.

3. Neverdunn 51

Neverdunn 51
    from Flint, MI

That was the plan when I paid him the $35, but I just couldn't turn down doubling the money that fast and easy.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Every Sunday there is a general Flea Market a few towns up the road, I always show up in work cloths. I'm walking around in a 10 year old Carhart jacket that looked like it survived the Civil War. A guy offered me $50.00 bucks for it, cleaned out the pockets and handed it to him, went back to the van and put the 50 in the new Carhart pocket. :)

5. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

lol :D

6. hep1966

hep1966

Must have been Uncle Eddie's brother.

7. TINGLER

TINGLER

Hahaha...

Both of you buyers are dopes.

Those kids stole that thing about 10 minutes before they sold it to you.

8. Those are some good stories!

9. I bought a '72 Coupe DeVille for $200.00 off a friend's brother. I went to the bank to get the cash and ran into a friend of mine there who just so happened to be looking for a daily. Told him I had a '72 Coupe D for sale, do you wanna go see it. "Sure." he said.

We went to the car, we got the keys from my buddy's bro, took it for a spin. My buddy says "I'll give you $800 for it." Told him I only had $200 in the whole deal. He said for as many times as I bailed his ass out he'd still pay $800. Sweet!!!

I gave the guy the $200 he handed me the title, I spun on my heels and took $800 and handed the title to my pal. He drove that thing for 4 years through college and cornfields. I in turn, pissed away $600 on women and beer. Ah, to be young again....

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i fuckin told you NOT to tell anyone... ASS. thats the last time i steal shit with you around

:D

11. Rusty

Rusty

That what was so funny to the kids. Funny stuff.

12. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

A buddy of mine has a 66 caprice, one day he had a card under the wiper with a note and a number saying I have something you might want. Buddy calls the guy and he has a 64 chevy wagon with a 283, an extra sbc w/ th 350, a th400, buick rolling chassis, couple of intakes carbs etc, 350 for all. My buddy sold the extra sbc for $350 and got everything else for free....

13. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

14. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

How'd the kid steal the manual with the bike!???
    I bought a "broken" Type 4 V.W. from a guy once, towed it home, put GAS in it and drove it around a while, paid $50 for it sold it for $250...

15. TINGLER

TINGLER

Beats me....

I never let logic or the facts get in the way of a good smart assed comment. ;) :D :D