Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Young guy wanting to finish his dads Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 10, 2017.

1. That's nice of you,I know of a local yard that has/had a couple of old falcon wagons,the last time I saw them they were in pretty good shape,I will rely the information to Jeff. HRP

2. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Signed On,,, Hope to hear more, We need more young blood to carry on
    our sickness :)

waxhead likes this.
  3. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

I just finished filling a '31 A Tudor roof using a 90's Volvo wagon. Worked like a charm if you can find one without a sunroof. If you do this please note there is one negative rib on each side of the roof. Cut the donor as long as you can in the back and outside of the ribs. The indented ribs are just barely 42" at the front which is the same as the opening at the front on the A. You may have to flatten the front of the ribs for a few inches to get enough for a 1/4" overlap on both sides. Like you my club is also 45 years young and I know how hard it is to get younger members. Kids here think Hot Rods are too expensive for them so they buy a run of the mill used car and then spend 25k to put an outrageous sound system in it. ???go figure! Boy am I old...

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with you, Ron. Must be the weather in Texas. Anyway, if finances have anything to do with the build, the fellow might want to find someone who can install an insert on top of the filled roof to imitate an original Model A. He would have the best of both worlds, a filled top that won't EVER leak plus the original look. It would cost lots less if money is an issue, AND he could be driving much sooner.

5. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

O.K. I'll give you the knit slacks because those things were BUTT ugly. However, ease up on old Tom. He is a cool Police Commissioner. LOL

6. hot rust

hot rust

i believe that the one you are thinking about is a 61-64 chevrolet wagon top and not a vega. but they are kinda hard to find today...