Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1948 Chev. Coupe Which Look Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Oct 14, 2017.

?

Which Image Looks The Best

Poll closed Oct 21, 2017.
  1. # one

56.8%
  2. # two

43.2%
  1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Just a question which I have no answer for.

I will be putting this car on the market soon and have the following 2 looks for it. It can be sold either way but wanted to know which one is most popular. Thank You.

1. Skirts, Visor, Wide White Radials.
    2. Sans the skirts, Visor With New A.R. Torque Thrusts & BFG radials.

IMG_2071.JPG IMG_2072.JPG IMG_2069.JPG

DSCF0402.JPG DSCF0406.JPG DSCF0403.JPG DSCF0404.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Jimray23

Jimray23

I like number 2. But im not big on black wheels and white walls.

Jim

mike 51 likes this.
  3. e z i

e z i

No skirts, no visor, black wheels with baldies.

4. I like the bottom look, but I would also lose the visor. I am highly prejudiced, because one of my long, lost, loves is a 47 Chev coupe that had a similar look.
    What is under the hood?
    Bob

Attached Files:

Hnstray and Robert J. Palmer like this.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

You should sell all the garbage separately. Then stick the Americans & black tires on, & sell a nice car to somebody .... what's the deal on the bumper guards ??

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just because those ugly frigging visors are on cars in Lowrider Magazine doesn't mean they belong on cars that are not lowrider bombs. If you are wanting to sell to the lowrider brigade 1 works and those guys seem to be willing to pay more money for a car with all that junk on it.
    With the mag wheels the ugly thing has to go though. Those things are not a traditional custom car item and if you take the time to go though Custom Car Chronicles page by page for every car Rik Hoving has put in it, you will not see one traditional custom with a visor stuck on it. Not sure if he lists lowriders but the East La lowrider bombs are not traditional customs they are in a class of their own.

redo32, Hnstray, e z i and 2 others like this.
  7. 2935ford

2935ford

Maybe more important......which do you prefer?

8. Either one without the visor.

Mick

9. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Hi Larry, Tough crowd. Torque Thrusts look good on anything and lets lose all the other stuff that isn't 48 Chev, on board with 302GMC. Hope it's a hot rod under the hood. Best of luck.

10. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

No skirts and pull the visor too.

choffman41 and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I like 'em both, #2 a little more.

12. Why make work for yourself? Sell it as it is, the buyer will more than likely change stuff on it anyway, (How many times have you bought a car and done NOTHING to it?).
    I know when I buy a car, I look past all the gizmos and doo-dads, work out how I want it to look in the end, and see how much of the price I can re-coup from selling all the add-ons (or hang them in the shed). And you can advertise the visors, skirts, etc to the bomb guys, and make more loot.

Rick & Jan likes this.
  13. Agreed.

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

IMG_0812.JPG No visor, skirts, white walls, bumper guards and the trim under the tail lights. I've never been able to understand why someone would spend time and money bolting on things that only ugly up a car. Less is always better.

In my builds I believe an old car should look like an old car. That means leave all the chrome and stainless the car came with from the factory. Just lowering and adding decent wheels and tires usually is all you need to do. Spend your time and money on go fast parts. Attached is a picture of my 64 Biscayne without any bolt on doodads.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    iwanaflattie likes this.
  15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'd sell it with the WWW's, skirts and visor.
    And I'd save the 5 spokes and tires for my next project!

Why not list the car with both style pictures in the ad and let the buyer choose which one he'd like to buy. I think that may increase your odds of making a sale.

redo32, pat59, belair and 1 other person like this.
  16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Either or, a nice looking car either way and it shouldn't be too hard to move on. Any more interior or under hood shots?
    1: Without visor and skirts, keep the steelies with WW; or
    2: Without visor, keep the 5 spokes.

17. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with Mick. Either version looks pretty good but you have to lose that visor - that thing is just awful. Good luck with your sale.

6inarow likes this.
  18. 6inarow

6inarow

I'm with Mick. Either version looks pretty good but you have to lose that visor - that thing is just awful. Good luck with your sale.[/QUOTE]

Agree. take the visor and throw it as far as you can. then run and pick it up and throw it again

Thor1 likes this.
  19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Sell the skirts and the visor separately. Plenty of buyers out there.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. #1 without the visor.

hawksrod likes this.
  21. This. Give the buyer the choice. Maybe it would double your chances of selling it quicker.

6inarow likes this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They'll want everything...:p

23. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ron, Except for the skirts & Visor. everything else is original including the previously mentioned bumper guards & tail light trim. I dont get the suggestion on that one. The car is definately a HOTROD, with Crate SBC, Mustang II susp.

IMG_2082.JPG IMG_2081.JPG IMG_2076.JPG IMG_2078.JPG

Floater03 likes this.
  24. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Whats with the bumper guards? Uh, they would be original.

25. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Hey you guys, how about taking it a little easier on us visor guys, we're just a little different. I like both versions except the #1 versions needs some full sized hubcaps. The white walls look great but just cost too much. I like the #2 version wheels but I don't know how that would look with the color of my car and black wall tires. Definitely both versions have buyers out there. Fixing the sagging door handles isn't easy on those cars either.

Johan du Plessis and jcmarz like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@roddin-shack I prefer the vintage look...Thats what I would prefer to see with some period caps and visor removed after purchase as this car is pretty sharp looking. With whats under the hood the modern wheels match the underpinnings. It'll move its a turnkey with great potential with little investment other than the purchase.

27. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Just curious why they're pointed forward about 10 degrees. Probably after the whole front end sheet metal got shoved back, whoever put in back together missed a few places doing the alignment. The grille to hood gap is almost an inch out, and the back bars on the front bumper or the frame itself is tweaked.

28. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

They looked O.K. to me, anyway as a result of your comment I removed the bumper guards front & rear for a much cleaner custom look.

e z i likes this.
  29. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Those Snowflakes don't know what they are saying. They are even clueless about the bumper guards.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. AndersF

AndersF

No 1 for me. Would add some wheelcovers in front.
    The TT:s need bigger profile tires and a rake to look good to me.