Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tail lights?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by markmnotdead, Oct 11, 2017.

1. markmnotdead

markmnotdead

I want to swap my factory customline lights with the 54 olds tail lights. Anyone know if I have to change anything else other than the lens? Also want to French them, so they make buckets I can purchase to French them? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. oldsman41

oldsman41

i dont think anyone makes the frenching buckets but you should be able to make your own. im guessing the avatar car is what you want to do. just take out the lens and make a template and go from there.

3. markmnotdead

markmnotdead

The avatar car is my car lolol. I gotcha. I'm kind New to the frenching thing. Only thing I've frenched was plate boxes on a mini truck. I'm just not sure where to start on a 60 year old car lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Mooneyes used to sell frenching buckets for '52-4 Fords, but I can't confirm that they fit olds lenses.

markmnotdead likes this.

5. oldsman41

oldsman41

man this site is great.

markmnotdead likes this.
  6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We didn't have bezels for our shoe box taillights as they were frenched. Went and bought some new bezels . When stripping the car back to bare metal I found the original bezels under a decent coat of filler ,to French the lights!!!

markmnotdead likes this.