Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found this in the weeds.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by defender chassis, Dec 1, 2016.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface

I agree with the others, it is not scrap material.
    some of it might be wall hangers but to me I see a start to my next build. I'm thinking of some type of woody project. The price is right and worse case scenario if you screw it up really bad at least you learned something and then you can scrap it but right now I see a nice hot rod project or even $ to the right buyer that WILL build it.

I've started with less on some builds.

2. defender chassis

defender chassis
    from WV

3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

^^^^^^
    That's a 4 door sedan with a '30s pickup "conversion" .... extra common during the depression.

redlineracer42 likes this.
  4. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Then put a chair by it, leave it there, and go have a beer with it every once in a while...

dos zetas and 30tudor like this.
  5. Offer it to the Pontiac/Oakland people for sure before you scrap it. Someone in their crowd might want to get that old engine running again if nothing else.

6. I believe I could use the cowl vent lid. 007.JPG

kidcampbell71 and 302GMC like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would make someone a good start on a speedster style car. Early two seat race car style.

patmanta and ClarkH like this.
  8. This may have been built in Canada....
    There was an O/T Pontiac truck called the Sunburst

9. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

The Pontiac-Oakland museum may be interested in having it: http://www.pontiacoaklandmuseum.org

10. Squablow

Squablow

Scrap iron in Wisconsin is $40/ton, so maybe $20 worth there and our local yard charges $5 per tire if there's tires left on stuff.

If someone is willing to pull it out and give you $100 for it I'd say let them take it. It's neat but it's super rough, in my opinion it's not worth holding out for big money on.

11. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

There is no way that hood and grill are from a 28, that hood with the rear louvers and forward peak grill is 33 & 34. It looks like the side mount bracket is still on the pass side also.

12. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

DAMN, had to look this one up ! !
    SWMBO, pronounced 'swimbo', is an acronym of 'She Who Must Be Obeyed', a tongue-in-cheek reference to a female partner.

Good luck with the SWMBO just the same.

VR&C.

Hnstray and slim38 like this.
  13. defender chassis

defender chassis
    from WV

I kind of wondered since the emblem on the grill said something about GM and they had not yet acquired Oakland/Pontiac in 28.

14. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Pontiac did offer professional car chassis in those years. A friend of mine had a '33 Henney Pontiac hearse for a while. The plan was to build it as a sort of hot rod family minivan, but he flipped it instead.
    1933 pontiac full right side but bigger.jpg 33 Henney-Pontiac MPV.JPG
    Of course I couldn't help myself:
    33 Henney-Pontiac GP.JPG

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  15. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Defender, you need a better source of information ... Oakland was one of the original makes in the GM family, and Pontiac was started as a companion to Oakland in '26 ...

thunderplex likes this.
  16. defender chassis

defender chassis
    from WV

My error, I went back to where I thought I read that and see that I am wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

17. dos zetas

dos zetas

Don't scrap it.... contact the Pontiac-Oakland club...

18. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

So...... whatever happened to this Pontiac???

Sent from my cell phone when I shoulda been working, using the H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. defender chassis

defender chassis
    from WV

Still setting in the same spot. I have brush cleared within 10 feet of it. Not sure if I will get it drug out before winter but next spring for sure. Are you interested?

20. defender chassis

defender chassis
    from WV

I contacted the Pontiac/Oakland Club and was informed the body code was for a 4 door car.

302GMC likes this.
  21. Good on you for trying to get it out of there! A heavy rock rake is a must when you clear the area. Years after a '57 Chevy was dragged out of the woods, I went back and pulled intact stainless pieces from the dirt.

22. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

...always...lol.... where abouts is it located?... im in northeast Ohio

Sent from my cell phone when I shoulda been working, using the H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Ok, let me just edit my last post a bit........ Always.... except whenever SWMBO finds out...lol

24. defender chassis

defender chassis
    from WV

If you come down I77 I am just across the Ohio River in WV. The closest town is Williamstown, WV. It is just across the river from Marietta, Oh.

25. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found these images of the 1933 Pontiac Style 33-309, 4 door sedan.
    The side mount spares were optional.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My next project is a 33 Pontiac and I don't have fenders for that car.
    If those front fenders are good enough to use as patterns, I am interested in this vehicle.
    Let me know if HJLrulz doesn't take it!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

One of these showed up regularly at the local AHTS show for a while. Haven't seen it recently.
    [​IMG]

27. defender chassis

defender chassis
    from WV

I did some work clearing out some brush around the old girl yesterday. It is in worse condition than I anticipated. The frame is pretty bad under the cowl area. I do not think it would be possible to load it onto a trailer in one piece. I did a quick video for a potential buyer with all the pictures I took and a quick walk around. Thought maybe you guys might be interested as well.

BTW, the young man that shows up in the video is leaving for the Marines on January 16th. I would appreciate any positive thoughts you might send his way.

tommyd, chriseakin and kidcampbell71 like this.