Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fuse Panel I.D.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by NorthRiver6478, Oct 4, 2017.

1. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Has anyone ever seen this panel...I would like to find the same one to rewire my truck...This one is in the truck now and it's a mess...I would like to use the same one so I can use the same mounting holes as the truck has enough holes already.

All I can find on it is Packard Electric...I sure a company used those blocks by Packard Electric to make this unit...At one time it had long wire leads on it that were cut off...I know there are many other panels I can use although I would like to fine a new one like this...Thank You For Any Info.

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/fuse7 is similar, but has a relay instead of the flasher can.

How about you just use the one you have, and wire the truck properly with it?

(Packard Electric is the name used on older GM wiring parts, it's kind of generic, and won't help your search)

firstinsteele likes this.
  3. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd go with squirrel's suggestion if it's in good shape. Western union splice, solder, shrink tube, and new wires. If not, mount a plate to the existing holes, and mount a new panel to the plate. Use decent automotive wire, not the cheap stuff from the local auto parts store. OEM style wiring is available from several sources, so only the "correct" stuff will show once you leave the panel splices.

4. 24riverview

24riverview

5. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Thank You for the replies...I know there are many options for a fuse panel...I could splice new wires to this one but that is not what I'm trying to do...This block is not that old and I'm looking for this exact one...If I can not find the manufacturer and or supplier then I will get a new one...Still looking any help.

6. Terrible80

Terrible80

7. squirrel

squirrel

If you take a look at the link I posted above, you might observe that the mounting holes are the same on that fuse block. The difference is the parts that hang off the side, for the relay and flasher can. But on both fuse panels, those parts do not affect the mounting.

There are several other wiring kits that use the same fuse panel components, so the mounting holes would also be in the correct place.

I guess this is the last one I'll try to sell you...and you really only need the metal terminals out of it... :)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-85668/overview/

8. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

9. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

The first one you sent you are correct will mount The same...Although no flasher wiring or can.

10. squirrel

squirrel

Did you notice that the relay and flasher can snap into the fuse block?

Is there anything about the existing fuse panel, besides the mounting holes, that endears it to you? My guess is no....otherwise, you would not be wanting to replace it....????

11. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

It looks like Rebel wiring 8 circuit unit. Look at their website.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

I was going to look at that tonight.

13. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

I was going to look at how the flasher and relay were attached tonight...also besides the mounting holes the wires are cut and spliced everywhere...I know I can cut them all off and splice new wires to it....its interesting that I can find a picture of this exact harness on the net....I know it's not that old.

14. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

15. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

I agree it looks like The Rebel 8...Although that harness has a lot of extra wire I don't need one set being the steering harness...I don't trying to be difficult just looking for a simple harness...at this time all I need.

Ing.
    Acc.
    Headlights
    Fuel
    Fan
    Flash Had
    Stop
    A few spares

16. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

17. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

18. squirrel

squirrel

not knowing what your truck is, it's kind of hard to make recommendations. I put a repop stock harness in my 59 chevy truck when I rewired it a few years ago. I have stock gauges and lights on the truck, so most of it was just plug and play. I did modify the engine part of the harness to work with the more modern alternator and ignition.

Probably, any of the 8 circuit setups will work, and all will probably require some modification to be exactly what you want.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well is there actually something wrong with the fuse block it's self or is it just the rats nest of patche together wires that are the issue?
    Somewhere in my junk (oops, parts storage) I have what I remember as a inexpensive wiring kit /fuse block that I bought off Ebay a few years ago.. If memory is right some guy around Moses Lake Wa was selling the and advertising them for jeeps .

Here is one almost like what you have plug it in the ebay search

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  20. NorthRiver6478

NorthRiver6478

Most likely going to use a Rebel Wiring Kit.

Thank You