Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Would you use your ride for ridesharing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fuel to burn, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just when you thought you've heard it all something about running a taxi service pops up. Will renting out your ride be the next idea?

iwanaflattie likes this.
  2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

HRP that was because it was 'a friend' when it comes to business, its business. Agreement before hand, you don't pay for the Big Mac after you eat it, yea yea at a normal eating establishment you do.
    When we were over in Hawaii, on Oahu there was a car rental place that rented almost hot rods and they were busy.
    I always wonder how the 'ride' places get away without chauffer licenses, but they do...
    Seems like a good idea for something like a 4 door Tri-5. Customize mid fifties Cadillac hearse for a final ride.
    Just saying

3. Gman
    We used to have a place here in town called "Rent a Wreck" they didn't rent hot rods, but sometimes they had an older Olds or Buick that was kind of cool to cruise. A friend rented '68 Buick 225 once just to go clubbin on Friday night. I think that the purpose was affordable rentals for poor folks, but once in a while they had something fun.

4. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Hell Rick, if they were just along for the ride you could probably even let the "intelligent" part slide!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Correct terminology - "Was a friend".

Obviously he decided to avoid me,I could care less about the money,I never mentioned it nor did he.

Prime example of the old adage, "no good deed goes unpunished ". HRP

6. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I has a 57 Chevy with a 396, 4 speed, 4:11 rear end and a part time job delivering Dominos pizzas. One night the owner was short of vehicles (this was in the early stages when they were using Datsuns pick ups, painted red, white, and blue) to deliver pizzas and wanted to know if I would not mind using my car. He gave me a 50 cent raise for the night and paid for the gas. With the Holly double pumper that thing would really eat up the high test (Sunoco 260 of course). What a time I had, every time I went into town always ran into someone that wanted to run me. Sad to say, the manager only offer that deal to me that one time for only that one night. For those who are wondering, did I run with the sign on the roof, no I loss that on the first run.

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I wouldn't use a ride sharing outfit myself, much less use my car and drive anybody else around! Good way to get killed, too many nutcases out there! I would and have given a ride to a friend or relative, but no way would I deal with total strangers. I drive a truck for a living and go into some iffy areas of towns sometimes, I won't pick up anybody. Let'em call a cab or ride the bus or walk, I ain't riding anybody around that I don't know!

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

LOL..................NO.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell I wouldn't ride share with my Cad DTS I sure am not going to do it with my fun ride.
    There was a local business dude who thought he was going to cut a fat hog renting out modified rides to either those who wanted a cruiser for the weekend or maybe those coming to town who wanted something different than the normal late model rental car to drive around. I went to his went broke and had to sell out auction. He tried to get too big too quick rather than having three or four cars to rent and adding as the demand outdid the inventory.
    The Taxi on San Juan Island that will meet you at the Friday Harbor ferry dock is a 50 Merc 4 door. Merc Taxi Friday Harbor rear.jpg Merc Taxi Friday Harbor.jpg

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

No, uber, lyft, scab bastards

12. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

13. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

LOL
    and this would be a definite possibility of they rode in one of my cars-
    Some cars would be better than others, full size sedans and converts would be great, chopped Fords from the 30s not so much.
    Every time I am out in my 59 Merc or my 68 Impala convert people ooh and ahh, I think some of them would gladly pay to be dropped off in front of their favorite club in one of them.
    I am in Austin so maybe it's a little different here than other places but I think anyone who would request and pay extra to ride in an old car would probably be a pretty cool passenger. Of course I would have to post a disclaimer reminding them that they will have wind in their hair and may end up smelling of gas, oil, and exhaust.

14. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

^^ I'm with this guy..

15. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

You never asked me.. that sounds like my kinda ride..

Ron Funkhouser likes this.