Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce Hoarders Disease

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 15, 2017.

1. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

Once upon a time, I had a decent stash, including the 5w of my dreams. But divorce is a bitch. All I have left is a grill shell, a couple heavy axles, and a complete front end with uncut wishbone. I have nothing to complain about.

els likes this.
  2. I sold a original deuce grille shell & insert a couple of years ago to a friend and he called me a few weeks back and decided he was going to use a Model A shell on his car and I bought it back.HRP

018.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    The37Kid, els and Runnin shine like this.
  3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

els likes this.
  4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I dont play the lottery and would like to retire sometime so this club would never be in my future:)

els likes this.
  5. Mo rust

Mo rust

I would have a lot more parts if I quit building cars and using them, but I guess I still have them.

I find myself trying to avoid using my best parts and trying to save the worst of them so the best ones are still hanging on the wall.
    I have a few extra 30/31 deck lids that are like new but this week I am making a new liner and skin for the bottom 7 inches of one.

els likes this.
  6. I only have one extra that is going to Hershey!
    IMG_1568.JPG

els, Mo rust and Runnin shine like this.
  7. John Stimac

John Stimac

Those are reproductions of dealer showroom cards expressing all the new features of the 32 Ford

els and enloe like this.
  8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Very cool.
    I was just being a bit of a "WISE ASS" :)

els likes this.
  9. I have several extra '32 headlight bars. These include the first one which I bought at a farm auction in 1962 for $1.00 (complete with nice headlights). I still kick myself for not buying another that I saw at a recent swap meet for $40.

10. jbob1944

jbob1944
    from , Co

Attached Files:

11. Roadsterholic

Roadsterholic

Wayward Garage... nice start on a 32 Roadster! Yea finish that nice 29, while collecting parts for the new project, good for you!

el Scotto likes this.
  12. My roadster is still under construction so I tend not to sell extra parts. I do have a set of 4 dr. subrails and cross channels that are decent. I've got a couple of original unfilled shells but can't decide which one to use. Never really had extra funds to be a hoarder but was the first caller on a truck load of 32 roadster parts in 1979. No time to work on it until recently.

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Loving those wheels

14. wicarnut

wicarnut

I don't have 32 hoarders problem, just a small case of hoarders, 7 years ago I/we sold a home that we had been in 30 years. WOW !!! could not believe the accumulation of crap we had. Between a few collections I have and "STUFF" it was an amazing amount of "why did I save that" and "what was I thinking ?" My son's helped some and made the comment, glad we were doing it now, none of my kids (3+2) do not have any form of hoarders, their homes are immaculate and organized, they got that from their Mother I guess. Looking at some of the grill shell collections, WOW ! I was happy with 2, one I put on my 29 HighBoy and the one on my 32, Don't think I can run with the big dogs here, guess I'll have to stay on porch, can't lift my leg that high.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  15. Our place was a mess before the Hurricane and nothing got blew away so it's still a mess,Brenda and I both are pack rats. HRP

wicarnut and enloe like this.
  16. 33pickemup

33pickemup

And I thought I was lucky to find these two!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I thought I was in recovery but I just bought another grille & shell?

enloe and 1956 F100 like this.
  18. Hotrodder3031

Hotrodder3031

Hi, I need parts. For the body, window stuff

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Just when you think you're on the road to recovery you realize you're in a cul-de-sac.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Fordors, williebill and enloe like this.
  20. You have friends Gary? John says he's a victim when you trade with him!

21. I have the Deuce Disease. There is no known treatment and its incurable. The good news is it isn't fatal, but it is a lifelong affliction and it guarantees a large crowd at your estate sale! If it wasn't for us you guys wouldn't have any good estate auctions to go to!

I fell off the wagon again. I just picked up a rough old Tudor a few weeks ago with a So Cal chassis because I want the chassis and am selling the body. Six weeks ago I bought a Vicky because I didn't have one. This is just the garage under my house and I have a Fordor and a roadster plus my parts out in the other shop. I just love my old Deuces!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. John who!o_O:rolleyes::)

23. Yer sick ! In a good way.

Gman0046 likes this.
  24. He is that hillbilly from back up in the hills of Trinidad. I think he's making moonshine down there these days.........

Blue One likes this.
  25. My friend Sam, aka "THE QUIET ONE", is now up to twelve (12)!!!. But I'm not jealous. Much. Yeah, right.
    Let's not bring up the 34's......