Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello everyone new willys owner

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Luke stone, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Luke stone

Luke stone

Hi to everyone on here
    My names Luke I'm from England I'm 33 and just bought a 38 willys pickup. I have grown up with ww11 military vehicles restoring them with my dad but always wanted a hotrod of some sort. I love pretty much anything american from the 30s. This 38 pickup popped up for sale on the nsra forum and fitted the bill nicely

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as I've been reading other people threads on here regarding willys and seams to be some valuable knowledge on here which is great as there is very little elsewhere on the web

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. As you get into working on the Willys post questions on the Hokey Ass Message board and many more will see it there.
    I recall Dad had a 30's something Willys during and a bit after WW2. We lived out in the country I recall one day Mom & me went to town for groceries and arriving back home she stopped in driveway to unlatch the gate. She forgot to put on emergency brake and before she got back in the car it started rolling with me inside and went all the way down beside the house before it stopped. I thought it was great but it scared her so bad she never drove another car after that.
    Sfter Dad died in 1982 I was cleaning out the attic & there was a bunch of WW2 surplus Jeep parts to fit the Willys such as new crank, clutch & other things.
    That's My Willys story.
    Jimmie

3. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.