Register now to get rid of these ads!

Friends don't let friends "FOOSE"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuck, Apr 18, 2006.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

Need help!! My buddy is the owner of a 57 chevy that is holding the weeds up in his backyard. He is convinced he cant drive it until he has the money to chrome plate every nut and bolt e.t.c. Ive been telling him to "prime it and drive it!!" Does anyone have pics of a 57 chevy primed, steel wheels, wide whites e.t.c?? I need some ammo to get this guy to mow his weeds and set this chevy free!!!

2. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I'm not a fan of Jr's cars either, but is the title really neccesary?

3. 2-TONED

2-TONED

GET THAT 57 PULLED UP TO THE GARAGE on Friday night, air up the tires & wash & vacum it & then start Saturday morning at 8:00 AM go through the brakes(cheap & easy) drop the gas tank & clean it out(easy) blow out the fuel line, pull the spark plugs & give it a small shot of oil down each cylinder, put in a battery & make sure the lights work, grab the bedspread off the bed to cover the ragged seat, make sure all the fluids are up & early afternoon Saturday the ol 57 will make it around the block. then make your punch list for the rest of the week --- new tires? exhaust? wiring fixed? whatever?
    leave the bod & paint as is 'patina is where its at!'
    GET THAT MACHINE ON THE ROAD!

4. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

deffinently... get it running and he will want to drive it. if that doesnt work hes a lost cause

5. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

Hearing it run and seeing it move under it's own power can change everything.
    Rod

6. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

mmmh here's mine....bought it like that, exept for the old mags. There were some "funky" 80's chrome ones on.... :eek:
    It was sitting a while. I bleed the brakes, and new brake shoes, a new clutch
    changed the oil, bolted the left fender on with a screw and a wire ;-)) Now I'm ready for cruisin and burnin'
    I might do some more work on it, but for now I enjoy it as is and I will not restore it.... It's got dents and rust and whatever, but every Porsche driver here in Germany is DEAD JEALOUS!! Because my ride is so much cooler than his and very fast.... ;-)
    The girls love it! And the kids wave and give thumbs up on the streets when my rusted off glasspacks make that american noise!
    Tell him, he should pull it outta da grass, and have some fun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

No arguments here.....but chicks on the car make it better :).

8. guiseart

guiseart

Not 57's but non-blingy fun, anyway!

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Breeder's '53

[​IMG]

40studedude's, maybe?

[​IMG]

Picture this with rattier paint...

[​IMG]

I like unfinished/rough cars (not deathrods, though) because they have a "don't mess with me" vibe. I really, really want a car without nice paint.

10. ig'nant

ig'nant

Seems like his real problem is that he doesn't understand how much fun he's missin' out on by not driving it. Goin' somewhere fun and doin' something cool is a lot more important than having a show stopper. If he understood what a great motivator it was to have a running driving car, he might be able to consider it a work in progress and step toward finishing it. The fact that he may see the light and want to drive an old car simply for the fact that it's a cool old car is a nice potential side effect. :cool:

Off topic, but I like 'ol Chip. He does things tastefully (for the first part) and is reportedly be a great guy to boot. I'll take Foose over any other "main stream" contemporary billet builder any day. :eek: Lesser evil I suppose.

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Exactly... obviously he has never really seen a Foose car... Don't be scared of quality work, embrace it... now that guy with the bad shirts and white hat, now that's a different story....

12. mustangsix

mustangsix

I dunno.....I was watching Wrecks to Riches last night and Barry White almost makes me want to like the Boydster.....:rolleyes:

13. It got your attention didn't it?:D

I don't have any pics but I think that any tri-5 chebby should be cromed from one end to the other. Well that is unless you intend to drive it.

Do as has been mentioned, get your buddy to roll it up into the driveway or garage and clean it up. Then convince him to try and get here started, open exhaust preferably. That is usually incentive enough.

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This isn't about Foose, it's about your friend being an unmotivated, lazy, loser who doesn't appreciate what he's got.

15. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

most of those guys are occ mail order profiteers. But if you want to bag on Foose, then step up and show your customs. Just a bad choice of title.

A 57 thats left to sit is criminal. There should be laws against it.

16. daign

daign
    from socal

You're making friends quickly I see....

Great job knocking one of the most respected names in the industry and a swell guy. And here I thought the goldchainer hate rockasilly bandwagon thing was finally dying down... :rolleyes:

17. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Foose good, Boyd bad.... uuunKay?

18. Being a lazy sack of shit myself, That's all I would need to kickstart me is a motivated friend dropping by to help... But all my friends are lazy sacks of shit also... Or too far away.

Why don't you knock on his door at 7:00 am Saturday with a Weedwacker, a fresh battery and a can of Quikstart?

Bag on Foose when you can do better.

19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone of those car rockstars that is a thorn in Boyd's side is okay by me.

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

What he said.

21. I had a '57 rag top once. Couldn't get a title and wasn't as old and educated as I am today. One winter we spent takeing potshots out the kitchen window at it to see who could not hit any glass the next winter we spent takeing potshots out the window at it to see who could hit the glass and not the sheet metal.
    The next summer I took the trim off it grill bumpers etc to put on a 210 wagon. The wagon turned out pretty nice. But at least we didn't let it sit.:D

I don't particularly car for his style ( young Foose that is) but he's not a bad guy and at least he's out there doin' his thing. More than the guy who this post is about.:(

22. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Nah, tell him he'll never have the cash to finish the project or even get started. Then let him know you got a guy that'll take it off his hands for oh, I don't know, $500:D:D:D

23. Thumper

Thumper

Hell man......freinds don't let freinds sit on their ass and watch a car rot to hell...

24. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I can't believe nobody has posted a picture of Ed Roth's old Chevy, with the chrome-taped roof and no front bumper. I'm at work, is my excuse.

25. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

It sounds to me if he would rather let the car rot then build it, having it "Foosed" would really probably not be a bad thing for it.

In fact even if he was inspired enough to build it, having it "Foosed" would likely provide a much better result then 99.999999999999999999999999% of the people that seem so quick to bag on the man. He posesses more skills then all the bashers will ever have combined.

Even if you don't care for his style, nobody can bash on the mans quality of work or his talent.

Sorry for the novel, but I just can't understand these people always feeling the need to trash others work.

26. Foose builds nice stuff, I just hate those billet wheels on everything.

Personally, I want to drive it and enjoy it and not have to worry if I get a rock chip or a scratch somewhere, or have to spend all damn day polishing chrome and wiping things down.

27. hatch

hatch
    from house

Foose is at the top.....you aren't.

28. skratch

skratch

i'm glade to this wasn't really about the man.but,about someone that lack motivation.too bad for the car....

29. KIRK!

KIRK!

Convince your buddy that old cars are a waste of time and money (that's easy, because they are) and take it off his hands. Hell, make him pay you to get rid of that hunk of shit!

BTW Foose is about the nicest guy you'll meet. I have no idea how he stays alive with all the shit he gets done, and is still nice to everyone. I think he might be either an alien or the devil.

Whatever the case, I wish I had 1% of his talent in any of his areas of expertise.

I'm not a fan of his wheels nor some of his builds but the talent and ability put into them are unequaled...period.