Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Data on the push pins for the front brakes on 1932 ford.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kimfmx, Sep 3, 2017.

1. kimfmx

kimfmx

Hi. I finally found a part that im unable to find a photo of on the www. I have a knackered push pin on my 1932 front brake. Its the pin that is pushed foen when the brake is activated. Does someone have one laying around for a v8 1932 ford, and can measure the length, and have a photo closeup of both ends.

Best regards
    Kim mortensen.

Sent from my SM-G850F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Sorry I can't help but the 4 cylinder (Model B) is the same as the V8. The part fits '32 to '34 pass and comm and carries Ford part number B 2075 Call around, you might get lucky). Try a wanted ad at fordbarn.com and earlyfordv8.org. The Green Bible shows the overall length as 7.75". You can find an illustration here (but it doesn't show much): http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/FH_images/FH_brakes-pics/Flathead_Brakes_33-34.jpg Maybe a piece of raw stock the diameter of the ends could be adapted by radiusing the end?

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  3. I had a hard time finding stock ones. I ended up using hollow push rods that were close to 7.75 Not sure what brand or what they fit, I checked and they are not marked. Found them on Ebay.

4. kimfmx

kimfmx

Ok. Yes strange they are hard to find. They can be found for the ford A. I would appriciate if someone has one and could measure it for me. Diameter of rod and the round edges would be helpfull.

5. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

You can make them out of Model A's- just a sacrifice 2 to make one

6. kimfmx

kimfmx

We yes i suppose so... but welding on those parts is something i would not do.. that will introduce a weak spot somewear.... that would result in brake loss...

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

kimfmx likes this.