Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Florida HAMBer's Check In

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gman0046, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Lost power at 11:10AM. It's going to be a long 24 hours.

Lee

AHotRod likes this.
  2. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We lost power at 10:30 this morning and have been on generator since. Wind gusts are pretty strong with the feeder bands.

David

AHotRod likes this.
  3. southcross2631

southcross2631

Still got power at 1:30 p.m. Have the house sandbagged and my shop also. We expect the worse to come early tomorrow morning. Have had wind and rain, but nothing real strong yet.
    We are supposed to get around a 100 mile per hour winds and the coastline which is 6 miles away is expecting 6 to 10 foot storm surge. There will be 3 to 4 feet of water everywhere in downtown Crystal River maybe more. We are far enough away and uphill elevation that we shouldn't flood.
    I moved my 96 year old mom over here and hope her house does not flood.

upspirate, AHotRod and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

We are boarded up,generators,gas,groceries etc.I am in Volusia county on the east side so am hoping we will miss the worst of it.I have lived here all my life and only remember one previous force 3 hurricane that actually hit Volusia county.That was Donna in 1960 when I was ten years old.

AHotRod likes this.
  5. Raining here in Bushnell with small gusts every now and then. Year and a half old block home so we should be alright. All window boarded and generater ready to go when we need it. It amazes me that so many people around here did nothing to prepare. A lot of mobile home not protected and crap all around them.

AHotRod likes this.
  6. Yep, still got power north end of Orlando. Serious wind and rain outside. NO WAY I would want to be on the road right now, even with my 3/4 ton work truck. Hunkered down with wife, and the 2 Chihuahua's. Time for a cold beer.
    JT

upspirate, AHotRod and rust runner like this.
  7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Just fired up my train lanterns to make sure they are ready as night fall is coming fast. Wind gusts are getting more severe. I'm tired and it's going to be a long night. God Bless Everyone.

upspirate, Gman0046 and Max Gearhead like this.
  8. southcross2631

southcross2631

Power blinked once right at the end of the movie Oh Brother with George Clooney. We lost dish about 6 pm.
    The winds are getting steadier and the rain has not stopped all day. The worse will come at midnight until daylight. Maybe 80 mph winds. Nothing like what was predicted.
    Still have internet.

upspirate and AHotRod like this.
  9. Frank: I have good friends in Melborune. Spent a month with them in Jan/Feb. They are riding it out. Praying for them, it's on top of them now. We left Panama City and got home this afternoon. Tim

10. Movinman

Movinman

IMG_3612.JPG IMG_3614.JPG IMG_3615.JPG IMG_3616.JPG IMG_3616.JPG IMG_3619.JPG IMG_3620.JPG Went through 15 hours of high winds and heavy rain. Still blowing hard outside, but the end of the storm is near. I got lucky and never lost power, but pretty much everyone else I know did. Outside the house looks like a war zone with downed trees everywhere. Priorities included protecting mine and several friends cars in my work warehouse.

Attached Files:

11. upspirate

upspirate

No problems on the escape trip....not too much traffic.www.gasbuddy.com is our new friend!
    Heard from friends that we just has a screen blow out on our back porch and because of a monitor we have, Debbie was able to tell we had power except for a few minutes here and there.
    Most of our county lost power so we were lucky
    Our sailboat came though no damage from reports.
    They won't let us back in the county til damage assessments have been made, but there is no power for sanitation lift pumps so they don't want us to use toilets til electric restored to pumps
    Probably start heading back tomorrow, but not looking forward to that as the folks that evacuated over 5 day period will be going back at once I suspect and the traffic will be bad.
    Hope others came out well....we got very lucky

jakespeed63 and Stogy like this.
  12. AHotRod

AHotRod

Over 5 Million homes are without power. The entire state was slammed at one time, largest hurricane in recorded history.
    God kept us safe and we are so Thankful.

Stogy and bondojunkie like this.
  13. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:)Florida`s West coast got real lucky in that Irma lost so much strength so quickly,and the storm surge that was predicted did not happen.If that had happened Tampa Bay would have been pretty much destroyed.The town of Crystal River could have had as much as 6 feet of water to deal with.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Stogy likes this.
  14. Gman0046

Gman0046

My wife was a "nervous Nellie" in our Panama City Beach house with Irma approaching. Left on Saturday and now a pretty much non event there. Thank God no damage to our house. Plan to head back on Thursday. I did however get a lot done during our stay in Kentucky as we have a Daughter and a Grandson living there ( they were nervous as well with us in the path of Irma). My 63 Impala safe as a bug in a rug in Kentucky. Life is good.

Gary

Stogy likes this.
  15. southcross2631

southcross2631

We finally got internet back. Still on generator power. No damage to the house or shop. crystal River has power restored . Sent my sister and mom home this morning , they have power.
    It will be back to normal when the power comes back. The people on the east coast got it worse than we did and we were in the eye.
    I am glad I had the fore sight to cut down the trees by my shop. My neighbor did not and he has a giant oak tree down.

Stogy, Bruce Fischer and bondojunkie like this.
  16. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Well, I lost my house (trailer) in Everglades City and I'm now living with relatives. I returned yesterday and we had a 5 foot storm surge and my place is completely uninhabitable, but the good news is I rented a warehouse in Naples FL before the storm and put my Model A in it and it survived and I thank God for that.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Stogy, RICH B, Bruce Fischer and 2 others like this.
  17. Russ Tee- sorry to hear about your home! you guys definitely got the worst of it. Other than a lot of debris and loss of power for 36 hours we came through it well. When I say my prayers of gratitude tonight I'll be including you and all our HAMBers in SoFlo that got the real storm.

Stogy and Russ Tee like this.
  18. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

Made it back home safe. Everything is good, no damage. Glad to be home again.

19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Wishing all our Florida members the very best for a quick recovery.God bless ya all.
    Good luck.Be safe.
    Leo

Russ Tee likes this.
  20. pnevells

pnevells

Has anyone heard from Dons HotRods outside of Fort Myers?

21. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Long story short,
    we lost power until yesterday, but made it through with no damage of any kind, just a mess outside to clean up.
    We were very lucky!

22. pnevells

pnevells

Anyone heard from Dons HotRods in Fort Myers?

23. They are probably still without power , phone and internet down there. We got our power back 2 days ago and phone and internet back this morning. You don't realize what you have until it's gone for a while.

24. upspirate

upspirate

We got back from Knoxville Wed Morning at 3:30 AM. Took US 19 down from Atlanta as I-75 looked bad on Google maps.Long , but clear trip.Stopped a-lot because traveling with 97 yr old.

2 limbs down,some sticks, 2 fence sections down, and a screen panel blown out. Electricity was out 1 1/2 hrs one time and 3 1/2 hr another according to neighbor. No damage to sailboat in marina.

We were extremely lucky others in our area not so much.Some still w/o power

Stogy likes this.
  25. Gman0046

Gman0046

Back in Florida, no damage what so ever to our house. Irma was a non event in Panama City Beach. Thank God.

bondojunkie likes this.
  26. Only lost power for 25 hrs, but going on a week without internet. My wife works from home and is furious. Thank God for that antenna in the attic.
    Glad everyone is safe
    Time to get to planning for The Dragstrip Riot
    40 days and counting
    Hope you can all make it
    Peace,

JT

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.