Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Batten down the hatches ~ A storm is coming.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 6, 2017.

1. It looks like the storms path is right up the middle of Florida and here in South Carolina it's looking like the storm will be going further west instead of taking the direct path through the upstate of South Carolina. HRP

3W JOHN and Bruce Fischer like this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We may have dodged a large bullet here in south east NC on this one!

3. Gordan. DAMN. We haven't had a vacation in forever and we booked a house on the Outer Banks of N.C. for the 2 nd week of Oct. I hope things calm down by then. Bruce.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Danny, I drove truck down in that area before moving up here. I couldn't take it any more! I have a son that staying in his mom s house{she just passed away from cancer this July} in Daytona beach just 2 blocks from the beach. I hope he stays safe too.Bruce.

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bruce one never knows what the heck the weather around here is going to bring. Hopefully it will quiet down and you can squeeze in the vacation. Outer banks is a great place for a vacation.

6. Bruce, Hit me up when you get down to the OBX...I'll be in Frisco for a long weekend the second weekend in October!

7. My thoughts also. HRP

Fedcospeed and 3W JOHN like this.
  8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

You guys are all in my prayers.
    Couple things to remember.
    Water is available in your hot water heater if needed.
    If the storm is headed your way, be sure you cut down any trees close to your buildings. Better to drop them now by aiming the drop rather than waiting for the wind to decide where it's going.
    Terrible terrible storm. I fear for all of you.

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and catdad49 like this.
  9. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like the east coast might be in better shape than the west coast. The storm path has shifted a little more to the west.

10. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Stay safe.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Lowdownfab

Lowdownfab

[​IMG]

As a resident of south Florida, I am not at all looking forward to this weekend. It's been a rough week prepping for the storm, and has the potential to get much worse. Fingers crossed.

12. To quote 3W John..Stay safe! HRP

chryslerfan55 and 3W JOHN like this.
  13. upspirate

upspirate

Doing the best we can to prep, not looking too good to come on the west coast here right now

14. I crossed I-85 yesterday around 2 PM and was amazed at the traffic headed north but the real shocker was HWY 29 that was at one time the major two line highway leading to Atlanta was bumper to bumper and almost at a stand still,more than half the cars & trucks were pulling campers of all sizes. HRP

Bruce Fischer and 3W JOHN like this.
  15. Man,I hope you are planning on heading north,it looks like that area is going to take a hard hit with high storm surge. HRP

upspirate and 3W JOHN like this.
  16. upspirate

upspirate

We are about 13-20 ' elevation(depending on source) and have good drainage here. Just worried about a water oak out front, and one in the yard behind us.
    Next to impossible to evac with my 97 yr old mother at this point.
    I've driven to Jacksonville every night this week and saw the mess on I-75
    We also have a walk-in closet in the center of the block house we will use as a "safe room"

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  17. Duck and cover to all our American friends, We wish you well. Take Care

chryslerfan55 and upspirate like this.
  18. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. HRP

19. upspirate

upspirate

Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Everyone love a good scary conspiracy story.
    If any of the planet nibiru story is true, that it was cause of the solar eclipse last month, It is now entering into our solar system, that the earths poles are beginning to shift. The effects have already altered jupiter, mars, moon and sun.
    Will be the cause of fires, earthquakes, tsunami, floods and hurricanes ....
    It just might be a good time to take a long vacation, go visit the heartland.
    Everyone, stay safe.

Screenshot_20170909_161639.png

21. upspirate

upspirate

I think I'll take hurricanes over heartland tornado's.....at least you have time to prepare instead of 5 minutes

Bruce Fischer and tfeverfred like this.
  22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Uh.....yea. That's the same one that was supposed to destroy us in 2003 and then, 2012.:rolleyes:

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  23. upspirate

upspirate

tfeverfred...how did you fare in Harvey?

24. I'm here in Hatteras now with my boys. Great for surfing but the fishing stinks! You gonna make to Old North State Brett? Hope i see you there!

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  25. upspirate

upspirate

Due to shift in path west, we are bailing. should be on the road by 5 am
    Headed for Knoxville TN where Debbie's daughter lives....hopefully good choice. Maybe Columbia SC if storm heads Knoxville way

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  26. Gordan, been going there since the late 60s when our dad 1st took us out there.Sure has grown up out there.Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes it has Bruce. Almost moved there back in 2005 but decided on settling in the Wilmington NC area instead.

28. Dang Jason.I hate to hear that but I will settle with my fishing pole in the water and JUST SITTING on the beach right now. Bruce. P.S I know the crabbing will be good. YUM!!!

29. Upspirate, now its even going to shift further west towards Nashville and Mephs. We are out of the cone of danger buts still will get rain and winds here Tue and Wed. Bruce.

upspirate and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. Gordan. I lived and worked in Wilmington for 2 years back in the 80s.My dad was getting ready to move to Flordia and was going to give me his house and 10 acres there{I loved the beaches and sound there.} but the 1st ex wife wanted to moved back to N.J. If I knew she was soon to be my ex I would of stayed there. LOL.I loved the fishing, crabbing and digging my own clams.Bruce.