Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Personalized License Plate

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Summershandy, Aug 29, 2017.

1. zzford

zzford

I tried many times to get TYRFRYR but it was taken, So I settled for OL PHART.

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

WZ JUNK (was junk) the plates on my truck. It was picked over 20 years ago as a brainstorming exercise for my shop classes. I gave the students the criteria for the letter and number combinations and we filled my chalk board with suggestions. Then we voted to pick the best plate.

I do not believe that having or not having a personalized license plate is going to disguise or attract attention to any vehicle I would consider to be hot rod. If the personalized license plate is the only thing that makes it a hot rod, then it is not really a hot rod. If it is a true hot rod, the license plate is not going to be the feature that makes it stand out from the other vehicles on the road. It is a fun thing and should not be taken to seriously.

John

jnaki likes this.
  3. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

NOCHOP, you see it say hi. My buddies call it "not cho p"

4. BREAD 8
    Spanish speakers will get it

Chrisbcritter and TonyVan like this.
  5. As I said, Spanish speakers will get it

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Proper past tense is 'Bread eaten', Carl. Buenas dientes.

7. toml24

toml24

8. Nope. Translate the two words into Spanish, then use a little imagination, por favor

Chrisbcritter likes this.
  9. Summershandy

Summershandy

Here in Ontario Canada we are limited to 8 characters....always short one letter!

10. Summershandy

Summershandy

Wow, a few comments made me laugh, a few gave me food for thought and a few disappointed me. I personally wouldn't get them because of the price but I think it's neat to show the YEAR and the MAKE of your classic car. Not to "be vain" or to "get attention". I've got a mind of my own, I just wanted to hear opinions on these two plates, not your thoughts on the whole subject. Anywho, thanks again and the reason I didn't jump on the 54 CHIEF is here where I live, we have a growing population of indigenous people and well, our city has issues back and forth. I don't need that grieve. I'll figger it out. Cheers everyone!

11. Summershandy

Summershandy

BTW....I didn't understand what YOM plates are. I looked them up...me likey!

12. AlaskanMatt

AlaskanMatt

[​IMG]

play hard, drive fast

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

It used to be ours, now it's just mine :D No YOM here; only standard, special interest (Yuk), personalised (Below) or Prestige ($$$$$)
    Felix-.jpg

14. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

You opened a Can of Worms! Some of these Replies are great!
    BTW, your Ride is Beautiful! I really like the color.
    We have a Pontiac Woody Wagon at the Shop, in need of love, and your Car is a great inspiration.

15. Summershandy

Summershandy

Haha thanks! I like the color too. Biloxi Beige/Winter White. I think I'm going with YOM plates. They look really cool with that old style lettering. See? I got help afterall even after some bashing! Thanks gang!

Michael Crown likes this.
  16. j3harleys

j3harleys

Well I'm always one step ahead or behind, So i run 1962 plates on my 5w. Most people don't get it. I do carry the issued plate and the YOM plate assigned to it in the trunk. I had State Patrolman at a show one day ask how can you get away with that, I Just said jokingly who's going to tell me I can't, He just shrugged his shoulders and continued looking at my car. As long as your not doing something stupid I don't think anyone would bother you unless he's a real Prick. In other words John's Deuce (114 of 20).jpeg I say put what ever you want on it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    kiwijeff, mgtstumpy and pprather like this.
  17. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

18. I had a plate which said "57-327" on my '57 Chevy Pickup several years back. I figured I'd answer the two most-asked questions before they were asked again. :)

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Wife had DVETTE on her Vette for a few years, her first name is Debbie. Her car, she wanted it, she paid for the tag, $75 extra IIRC. Still got the tag, car is gone.....

20. docmike

docmike

A few years back I had a buddy with an O/T mid 70's Cutlass. He asked for help coming up with a custom plate for his car. He loved my idea of "T MINUS 9". He told me that he often had to explain it but never to an Oldsmobile fan.

Doc

Chrisbcritter likes this.
  21. wicarnut

wicarnut

On my Roadster, had 29RDSTR, best I've seen, NVRDUN and MUFDVR

22. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

On my model a CRUZIN.A on my motorcycle CRUZIN

23. deucemac

deucemac

I went to the auto club a few years ago to get personalized plates for the roadster. I went there because life is so much easier than dealing with the DMV! I go to the counter and tell the lady that I want plates and she asks what do I want the plates to read. I tell her VOOTIE. She kind of cocks her head to the side and looks over her glasses at me. VOOTIE, she asks. I give her the long explanation, but for here just lt me say, anyone that has read Mad Magazine in the '60's has seen vootie many times. So I fill out the paperwork and she says she will look it up and see it if is in use. I tell her that there can't be another idiot here in California using it. She looks at me and says there's one idiot. I look at her very surprised and ask, " try it as vooty with a "y", she types that in and says, "two idiots!" so I say "try it with three O's as VOOOTIE". She types it in and smiles at me and says "congratulations you are idiot number 3!" So apparently, in California, VOOOTIE is a direct translation from Mad Magazine of the term "idiot number three"! I will let idiot number four try to find another spelling for himself.

lurker mick likes this.
  24. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

I'm vain. And...a RATFINK

25. My coupe has OVRKILL on the plate and my OT Elcamino had DREAMIN.....

Best one I've seen was 6ULDV8

26. C Crews

C Crews

i like....O I C U 8 1 2

27. manyolcars

manyolcars

pan ocho?? pronounced pahn, oh cho, thats not the same as poncho

28. manyolcars

manyolcars

j3harleys likes this.
  29. Terrible80

Terrible80

30. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Drives non-car guys crazy trying to figure it out. IMG_6152.JPG

flyin-t, mgtstumpy and Bandit Billy like this.