Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What's your labor day plans?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Are there any annual Labor Day shows or event's you plan on attending/ HRP

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Danny,,,I'm staying home and soak up the Indy Nationals today...some fine drag races

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Labor around the house on Labor Day. Getting caught up on the pick list. Setting tile, installing baseboards, replacing the shower valve seats and cartridges. O&F change and A/C compressor swap on the daily, run the chainsaw in the yard for awhile. Maybe grille out tonight. Tomorrow; back to work to get some rest!

4. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

No car shows for me and just get a machine out and have fun... IMG_6193.JPG

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

plumb the back up 1/2 mile dirt engine I have on a stand.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Since I took my deuce pu for a long ride yesterday today I am staying home and cleaning the shop so I can start another chassis tomorrow.

7. Lou,what the heck is he Museum of Clean?

BTW the 5 windowis a beauty ! HRP

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Johnny99

Johnny99

My Labor Day usual. Fiddle with the ribs, fiddle with a car fiddle with ---- so on and so on, then family and friends. These ribs are from a few years back, those bones poking out the end mean something! Willys is getting close, a few more loose ends and a few bugs. Should be beating the snot out of it shortly. Have a great Labor Day all!

John

DSC00399.JPG DSC00400.JPG willys 4.jpg DSC01327.JPG DSC01310.JPG DSC00399.JPG DSC00400.JPG willys 4.jpg DSC01327.JPG DSC01310.JPG

Attached Files:

3W JOHN, ladyhrp, tb33anda3rd and 3 others like this.
  9. Rand Man

Rand Man

I'm replacing the floor of my open trailer. Last time I went to haul a car, a wheel fell through.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp, czuch and 1 other person like this.
  10. Danny I am going to hibernate in the shop taday. Visibility is about 2 miles. Smoke from fires elsewhere but decided to come visit on this weekend. Play with my new welder I bought meself fer my b'day.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hershey is a month away time to start making the pile of parts. Lime Rock was Saturday had a great time. Happy Labor Day! Bob

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

Today is beach day in the Florida Pan Handle and firing up the grill tonight.

13. partssaloon

partssaloon

This is a resort town, the crazies are out on the lake getting drunk. Going to hide in the house an watch the drags.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Just got home from work. They called us in at 7am and cut us loose at 10. 3 hours of double time = Car parts! I'm getting ready to formulate a list of parts I'll need for the body I'm hoping to have in about a month and a half.

15. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sitting on my a$$ in front of the computer reading the H.A.M.B.!
    :D

16. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

My plan is to go a get an old f250 wrecker fired up so I can drag a 64 Ford F100 out of the woods behind my friend's dad's house that he gave to my wife. It has a giant oak tree laying on it, but no damage to the truck. Hopefully we can pull it out with no other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. Attend Drinking for Jesus Church Festival. It's just down the road.

18. I will be cutting some firewood & scrubbing the inside of the enclosed trailer for a trip I will take a couple of hours out to go to Mom & Dads house for a small get together with family. I am very blessed to still have both my parents!

Be Safe & God Bless
    Bill

19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Going to wet sand and buff the doors on my corvette. Finally after 5 years I spotted in the area where I shaved the door handles [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

The Museum Of Clean was constructed by a local business man that made his fortune inventing cleaning supplies and has stores all over the world. IMG_6195.JPG The building is a Smithsonian of cleaning machines etc. from the beginning of time and very interesting...

21. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Started getting the shutters ready in case Irma decides to follow the the latest track.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Smoke is as bad or worse here as it is down at Burn out Bobs a couple hundred miles south of me. Worse I have seen in my life, like standing in the middle of three campfires with all the smoke coming at you.
    Work day for me but I only have to work 3-1/2 hours today because the airline is cutting flights so the crews can have holiday time.
    Went to a laid back event Saturday but it didn't have many Hamb Friendly rigs. Would have gone to a little event 35 miles away that a few Hambers hit if I wasn't working.
    I did get to test a couple of my toys that go bang out in the middle of the sage brush on the way back from the show Saturday.

24. /ATTACH] fire.jpg I dunno...so far I'm just sitting on my fat ass in front of this computer. I should set some sprinklers in the yard...Maybe I'll go out to the garage this afternoon and do some more wiring on the coupe...or take a nap.
    BTW, we have smoke here too....this is a photo of Omaha taken yesterday.
    UPDATE: Fab'd a 14 gauge cover for my floor-mounted turn signal switch in the coupe.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  25. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Replacing the front crossmember on my 36 frame. Picked up a better one from a buddy yesterday. Not exactly the most relaxing thing to do on Labor Day. IMG_2921.JPG

26. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Been cleaning out the back bedroom today.......yeah that room.......the room everything gets thrown in for storage until later. 6 contractor bags full of junk hauled out, where does all this shit come from?
    Took a break and went out and threw a half assed wash job on the semi. More like wash off the road film and let it go, doesn't make a lot of difference since the paint is so bad.
    Start the new work week about 5PM, at least it will only be 4 days this week.

27. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Update... Came out easier than I expected...
    IMG_2922.JPG

28. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Update 2. Cleaned up the "new" crossmember and bolted it in. Only 2 of the 10 bolts needed the holes dressed up to get them in. Time to BBQ some brats! IMG_2923.JPG

29. I'm retired. So in the broader sense, that means I don't get any holidays or days off and I'm doing what I do every other Monday. I'm independently poor and living off the investments I never made. Plus my wife doesn't have a lot of money either so she's working her part time, summer job from noon 'till dusk today. She drives a shuttle full of semi-naked, wet people for the local water park.

30. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Got a brisket in the smoker, Texas style beans simmering on the stove, and some fresh corn to cook up for dinner. And a #%^*+# head cold, so I feel crappy. Went for a long drive yesterday, though. Did some cleanup in the garage on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.