Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sac to Fresno Road trip - suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Will be taking the trip down from Sacromento....hope to bring it all home. Any suggestions on what to avoid would be good....would like to keep my uncle's stuff in the family if you get my drift.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

2. Budget36

Budget36

Could you be a little more vague?

rjones35 and Special Ed like this.
  3. jros4

jros4

I think you are too worried. Drive the speed limit and do not dress like a Hill Billy and the cops will let you be

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Texas Webb likes this.
  4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

drive it almost every week--what's your question--lots of truck traffic but no big deal.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't exceed the speed limit if you have out of state plates, the staters don't seem to like trees or volcanos on your tag.

6. evintho

evintho

No...I don't get your drift. Just be aware Hwy 99 has some pretty heavy big rig traffic. As stated, keep it in the 65-70 range and you should be good.

7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Avoid the Dennys in Stockton.

In fact, avoid Stockton.

Poh, olscrounger and quick85 like this.
  8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This, and probably avoid Fresno, too.

olscrounger likes this.
  9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you must stop enroute--Turlock is safe as is Chowchilla-easy off and easy on-Lodi as well.

stillrunners likes this.
  10. More worried about the Bonneville stuff I will be bringing back - most likely sleeping with it. Hauling his truck and tools - shop stuff - and my grandpa's shop stuff that's been stored up the attic since the early sixties when my uncle closed the shop...didn't want to put it all out there....thieves look for U-Hauls with trailed shit....kinda what hotels to avoid or area's to avoid.....I'm clearing out his estate......hope to be around Fresno by night fall....or further...he was a fuel kinda guy..... IMG_20170302_195930.jpg

11. Thanks guys....Lodi was a track he ran....which I had more time to stop....but it's back to Tejas....

12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

service your AC unit or carry a can to charge it

stillrunners likes this.
  13. Budget36

Budget36

Sac to Fresno is like 4-5 hours, maybe have to stop once for gas, most likely never have to leave the side of the truck.

I don't have a CCW, but it doesn't stop me from bringing a friend along if I'm venturing though unfamiliar territory.

14. thanks guys....