Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest PA guys especially in Philli and Allenstown area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Aug 25, 2017.

1. flatoz

flatoz

Hi All,

I will be in your area for work in late September and my father is tagging along ( swifty) He's one of the original hot rodders from here in Australia and just loves looking at people cars and stuff and having a yak about it all. So if you think you would be free to show him around , have a coffee or have him come look at your stuff that would be great. I'd really appreciate anyone who can spend some time as its what he loves.

if you haven't heard of him, heres a few links to help with his bonefides.

aussie2.jpg

aussie5.jpg

aussie9.jpg

DT.jpg

IMGP6437.jpg

2. If you guys get near Hershey Pa. I would very much enjoy spending some time. Love that bucket. super kool!:D

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. flatoz

flatoz

Mikey,

Yes we will be in Hershey the start of the week of the swap. I think from memory we get in on the Sunday, but I don't have my schedule here at home.

mad mikey likes this.
  4. pnevells

pnevells

We live about 35 minutes from Allentown, If you are in the area late September then the Jalopy Showdown Drags at Beaver Springs dragway is a must . Three hour drive, but a pretty drive through central PA , One of the best Jalopy drag events there is
    Here is video from lat years event with our altered

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Swifty.......your wife is for sure a keeper.........wouldn't let you sell it.....how cool is that! :)

Anytime some one new comes in the driveway to have a look at my stuff in the garage.....she offers all of it up for next to nothing!

6. * if in the Exton,Pa area I can show him car shows and introduce him to local car club
    * if in the area of Media,Pa I can introduce him to people and cars shows

7. noboD

noboD

Make sure you hit the Wheels of America museum in Allentown, some race stuff, , MC, trucks, and lots of good cars. Also hit the Simeone Museum in Philley close to the airport. Almost ALL race cars, worth putting up with traffic to get there.

8. flatoz

flatoz

Thanks all.

When im back at work tomorrow ill post up the dates of where we'll be. I know we fly out of Philadelphia so the Simeone wont be far from our airport motel.

mad mikey likes this.
  9. flatoz

flatoz

Hi All,

We'll be in Allentown area on the afternoon of the 24th and leave on the 26th September and in Philly on the pm of the 26th and leave on the 28th

would be great to catch up with some HAMB'ers

thanks Corey

10. weathrmn

weathrmn

Corey, on Sept. 17 the Philadelphia Modifiers will have our fall Old Time Drags at the Atco Dragway in New Jersey, about 40 miles from Phila.

Also, our club, the Philadelphia Modifiers will be having our garage meeting on Wednesday Sept. 27, in Penndel, Pa., just a little north of Phila., on Rt. 1.

We would like to invite you to both events. Let me know if you can attend

Thanks, Tony

mad mikey likes this.