Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1927 FORD COUPE track style from Canada

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by madmike3434, Aug 28, 2017.

1. madmike3434

madmike3434

This is a 1927 ford coupe built track style by Mike Campbell of Blackstock Ontario Canada, north of Oshawa where GM builds cars.
    It has a 153 cubic inch Iron Duke 4 cylinder chevy nova motor with a marine cylinder head. This car has details upon details from the 1/4 elliptic front springs to the track midget style steering box and hardware. Unfortunately all kinds of detail is hidden under the floors I cannot show you.

Runs and drives like a dream, enjoy the pictures.

mike lynch 27 ford coupe B.jpg 27 ford coupe C.jpg 27 ford coupe D.jpg 27 ford coupe E.jpg 27 ford coupe H.jpg 27 ford coupe I.jpg 27 ford coupe J.jpg 1927 ford coupe A.jpg

2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

3. Boolajosh

Boolajosh
    from Monrovia

4. Very nice!
    Love the "rods" used for the friction shocks.

5. James Leigeb

James Leigeb

Makes my heart smile!!!!! Great build!!!!

sewfast likes this.
  6. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Some very nice touches and attention to detail, very cool.

7. Real sharp!Like to see more.

8. madmike3434

madmike3434

I originally saw it under construction a couple of years ago when the body was off it. Did not have my camera to take pictures that day. The level of detail underneath is just as nice as the engine bay. It has a Schroeder sway/torsion bar .700 , worked into the rear suspension to keep the body flat when going around corners. This is all home built except for the upholstery. The paint color is something I call....THAT GREEN, believe its something like a 41 ford NILES GREEN.. Which seems to be appearing on quite a few cars in last 4 years. I bought a spray bomb of engine paint for ALPINE GREEN as used on Detroit diesel, that's very close.

Mike Campbell has another project underway for himself ......a 33-34 ford 4 door sedan that he is going to create a 4 door VICKY out of using the bustle back area of a 35 ford sedan. Side 3rd window will be eliminated for that Vickie look.

mike lynch