Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Great Service - Empire Auto in KC, Mo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmpontiac, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Thought I'd pass along the positive experience I was involved with today - one of my customers bought a '49 Ford with a flathead in Chicago and has a friend driving it back to Taos, NM. Somewhere around Kansas City it started overheating and he checked the oil - sure enough coolant in the oil. Blown head gasket - and we don't really know anybody there. I went on the Hamb and posted our dilemma - rjones35 in KC suggested Empire Automotive and they said they'd look at it - and they're just finishing up the repair as I type this. One bad head .020 warped and gasket blown on other side. These guys are doing a great job on this and may have CJ on the road this evening. The owner of the car was leaving on a business trip just as all this started happening - we ended up with lots of messages flying back and forth. I'm just his builder and mechanic - and poor CJ is the one on the receiving end. Big thanks to these guys. I just wanted to be sure they got the recognition they deserve.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

Thats great to hear. Very nice to see customer service is still around.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  4. Yep, it seemed like a toss up but the car was supposed to be ready to go anywhere - probably will get a real once over and new heads when it gets here.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

How'd they agree to fix it? It's a flathead.
    Guys must be older than Methuselah...:p