Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung @ Reynolds, GA OCT.21,2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Feb 28, 2017.

1. There's pics of my little truck in crap. Hell i had crap sent up there to wis?!?!?!

els and GAOldsman like this.
  2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Related in an earlier post that I took a fall. Things got worse and worse afterwards and I wound up with Xrays, CT Scan, etc, turns out I fractured a vertebra the next one above where I had the surgery 4-5 years ago. Been on oxycodone, as much as 4 a day, now down to 1 at bedtime plus naproxen ( generic for "Aleve"). Wearing a heavy duty back brace and seem to be in less pain because of the brace, I believe. Ain't exactly comfortable, but beats hell outta the pain I was in.
    Hoping I'll get better in time to get the trans, etc. back in BGII before RWYB. At present not sure I could exert enough pressure to depress the clutch pedal anyway:eek:

els, Floater03 and loudbang like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Wow that is bad news try and take it easy for awhile and watch out for that oxycodone that is the one that sneaks up on you and gets you hooked.

els, GAOldsman and stealthcruiser like this.
  4. I was wondering and was getting worried Dave. We haven't heard from you and that's why. Heal fast. Ever thought about stabbing a C4 in there? That's the reason my Dad put the B&M TH 350 in the Hoodlum, back issues. He had several surgeries and even had a bone taken out of his hip and put in as a replacement disc. Bumper to bumper traffic at Daytona Turkey Run sealed the deal.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I plan to keep trying it with the 4 speed. Ain't dead yet and hot rods are s'posed to have 3 pedals:):cool:
    On edit: A C-4 behind a Chevy? The '40 is the one with a SBFo_O

6. I hear ya Dave. And forgot the roadster had a Chebby mill. Yep you're about as stubborn as my old man was. :D

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Dave thoughts and prayers for you

els and loudbang like this.
  8. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Crap Dave. That is a mess.. They can't keep you in that brace forever. Any plans on long term solution? Hope it gets better for you!

els likes this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Will be seeing orthopedist again on 8/11 more info then.

els likes this.
  10. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Let us know what happens on the 11th.

els likes this.
  11. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Sorry to hear about the fractured vertebra. Like you said you are not dead yet. When you're heading into hell keep on truckin'. I sometimes tell myself that 6 months from this will be memory. You gotta keep that 4 speed in there for atleast 10 years to give me time to build the willy's so we can race. I still gotta get the dodge running right so I can lose a race to Ed....He cheats ya know. Love you brother stop being a pussy and heal that shit up.

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Ed and I also have a need to resolve an issue he broke on the line when we lined up at SIM a couple years ago and somehow I have managed to have a problem every time since when we were at the same track. But sooner or later we'll both have them ready at the same event.

13. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

els and Dog_Patch like this.
  14. Days till go time...

[​IMG]

els, Dog_Patch, Floater03 and 3 others like this.
  15. Oops I forgot #76 :confused:

[​IMG]

:D :D :D

So now there's

[​IMG]

75 Days till g:cool: time

els and Dog_Patch like this.
  16. Thanks for posting the countdown, Scot. Always cool pics.
    DOM, any word on the glue mix? Is Gorilla Glue epoxy based?

els, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

LOL I have sent 2 inquiries,via their "patient portal" online, one last Thur. and one yesterday, so far they have gone unanswered. If I don't get something today, I'm going to get on the phone tomorrow morning and stir some shit!
    I really doubt that epoxy is in the cement, but I want to make sure, as I'm so sensitive to the stuff I can't even be in the same room with a part that's been glued up with epoxy till it's had time to cure and all fumes have dissipated.
    I'm not in as bad of pain as I was, so if it keeps getting better, I'm at least going to finish the changes I was making on the trans jack and if I can't find my guide pins I'm going to make some more.
    Then when the gluing is done and I recover a bit, maybe I can at least be there and offer advice and some assistance to replacing trans.

els, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  18. Glad to hear you've gotten some relief in the meantime. Keep us posted on everything and we'll work on arranging a work session on the trans.

els, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  19. Tanks Josephus :cool:

Seven-Four....
    [​IMG]

els and loudbang like this.
  20. The days are speeding by.... 73 left to thrash on Da Hoodlum

upload_2017-8-9_18-32-22.png

els likes this.
  21. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sold my Fairlane, have some cash for parts and the kid helping but a loooong way to go. I might have to tow it up there just because.

Attached Files:

els, loudbang and GAOldsman like this.
  22. Keep hammering on it brother :cool:

els and brianf31 like this.
  23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, keep hammering, but we always welcome works in process.

els likes this.
  24. 72

upload_2017-8-10_19-34-6.png

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    els likes this.
  25. Well here we are at 71 days....

[​IMG]

els likes this.