Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Well Done D-Russ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Congratulations go out to my good friend Dave Russell AKA D-Russ hear on the H.A.M.B. on his beautifully prepared 1931 Ford Victoria build having been Featured in the Rodder's Journal's 75th Issue. Cover and 14 page spread, very cool. I have been building cars for over 50 years and know what it takes to turn out something of this quality. I assure you it takes dedication and patients even for the professional builder. Dave built this beautifully prepared 1931 ford in his small garage at home and what a great build it is.
    Congratulations my friend, You deserve it.
    Thanks Tom-T for getting this copy for me.
    IMG_0059.JPG

2. oj

oj

Well said John, very good of you to speak up.

D-Russ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What an awesome honor! Great car too!

D-Russ likes this.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's some sweet press. I'm sure he's stoked.

D-Russ likes this.
  5. fatkoop

fatkoop

You had me at the color.

lothiandon1940 and D-Russ like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well deserved press for a wonderfully executed hotrod.
    Congratulations @D-Russ.
    Thanks @john mullen for the heads up.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    D-Russ likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll have to say it was a bit of a thrill to see the car on the cover of the magazine when I pulled it out of the envelope a couple of weeks ago. Great spread on the car too.
    I have to add that this issue is one of my favorites of the whole bunch and I have several years worth stacked up over on the shelf. Well worth hunting down and buying for those who don't subscribe.

lothiandon1940 and D-Russ like this.
  8. SLCK64

SLCK64

Very cool, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

D-Russ likes this.
  9. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Congrats @D-Russ One of the first threads I checked out when I first got here

D-Russ likes this.
  10. Hey thank you so much John and all the rest of you guys! Your very kind words really mean a lot to me. I'm truly humbled. I can't say enough how excited and honored I am to have my old A Model featured in what I consider the pinnacle of hot rod publications. And to hear from you all – my peers – means even more. In fact, I'd say that you all should take some credit for the article too – Miss Vicky was my very first hot rod build and my primary source for how-to information was the HAMB. So indirectly, you guys helped me build her. Thank you!

Vicky-Rolling.png

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    flat 39, HEMI32, Hotrodmyk and 7 others like this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Congratulations, one of my favorite HAMB builds. Bob

D-Russ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Beautiful Vicky, and looks as if it runs as good as it looks! Hello John, Thx for bringing this to our attention.:)

D-Russ likes this.
  13. my pleasure Dave how are you doing down there these days Its good to hear you are kicking around.. Hope to see you around thanksgiving...

D-Russ likes this.
  14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great looking job ! Ed.

D-Russ likes this.
  15. GREAT! Hot Rod and well deserved coverage of a home built hot rod. I wish they would do more of this type of builds...

D-Russ likes this.
  16. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We really enjoyed doing this article and getting to know Dave in the process. We have always been committed to bringing traditional rods and customs to print. Particularly after doing the article on Dave's Vicky, we want to make a conscious effort to publish more articles on homebuilt cars. We are always looking for cool traditionally styled rods and customs and although we can only publish articles on a very small percentage of the worthy cars that are out there, we are always open to submissions. If you think you have or know of a car that would look good in an upcoming issue of TRJ feel free to email us some snapshots and a brief description to [email protected].
    I hope everyone enjoys the article on Dave's Model A as much as we enjoyed doing it. --Steve Coonan

17. Here's the TRJ issue Number Seventy Five "Subscriber" cover:

TRJ_75-A-Cover.jpg

D-Russ likes this.
  18. Hey man, thanks so much for the kind words! I can't say enough what an honor it is to be recognized by all the great guys at The Rodder's Journal as well as all of you guys here on the HAMB that I've gotten to know over the years. When Steve came out to shoot the car we had a very enthusiastic conversation about the direction he wants to take with future issues. I don't want to speak for Steve, but the conversation centered around finding and featuring cool hot rods and customs (Steve says "bitchin" but I feel a little weird using that adjective) that have that special something, built by folks that have a deep passion for the hobby, and the commitment to see it through. The same kind of folks that actively contribute here on the HAMB. :)

Steve, once again, thank you so much. I'm blown away. Like I told you before, I can quit building hot rods now because nothing will top this. And thanks to Geoff Miles and Joey Ukrop as well for helping to make this happen!