Register now to get rid of these ads!

Searching through the classified sections

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by oldschoolantiqueauto, Jul 24, 2017.

1. I'm trying to find a spisific part in classifieds/parts for sale. I don't see a way to search for a spisific part. All I see is page after page of parts listed. It can take all day going back days & weeks through the listings only to realize, what I am looking for is not being offered by any one.
    Is there a way to look for a spisific item in the classifieds? Also, it would be nice to offer a watch list option with a notification of items watching for in the classifieds..

2. If you click the magnifying glass you can then enter a part you are searching for.
    upload_2017-7-24_13-18-46.png

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Wow... Amazing, thanks. I never noticed that icon or what it did. Thanks alot, I see alots of places to go with that option...

4. I don't know if the search function works differently for the classified ads compared to the forums. But if your search results seem to be lacking, try this. At the bottom of the search dialog shown in the post above, click on the "MORE" button and enter your search terms there. For regular forum searches this seems to give better, more specific results.