Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jim Greens Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CG, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Just read in the paper that Jim Greens performance is having an auction. Looks like they have closed the doors. Maybe this has been covered, I did a quick search and didn't see anything

Jim Greens performance shop was a Seattle area icon for as long as I can remember.

They are having an auction on July 27th here in Monroe at his shop. Wonder if I can get deal on a funny car style bodied 34 phaeton with and SOHC engine? Or maybe a Model A sedan with an SOHC engine?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Well CG, if you can pull it off you can get Mr. Greens flip top '34 sedan.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

There's probably going to be a pretty high reserve price on just about everything I would guess. I spent quite a bit of money there, over the years, when he was located in Lynnwood, Wa. at Hwy 99 and 212th St. S.W. I've only driven by the Monroe location; never stopped in. July 27th is a Thursday; odd day for an auction. Wonder if he'll be parting with any of his cars and projects? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. uncle buck

uncle buck

I wouldn't be expecting any SOHC stuff or his personal cars . There is an old funny car chassis listed though. You can go to James G Murphy Auctions website and see a list of what will be sold.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. uncle buck

uncle buck

6. I attend a lot of auctions. I see there is a buyer fee? I never will spend a penny at any auction that charges a buyer fee. if they charge a buyer fee are they working for the buyer? If they charge a commission are they working for the seller? If they charge both they are attempting to create dual agency?

B Bay Barn and 56premiere like this.
  7. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Unbelievable amount of NW history here. Hot Rods, funny cars, tractor pullers, stuff! Monroe-20130622-00133.jpg Monroe-20130622-00134.jpg

8. For you guys that never stopped in after he moved to Monroe you missed a incredible amount of automotive racing history. He used to have a mini museum out at his house. When he moved his shop to Monroe he moved pretty much all of his stuff out here and set up a heck of a display area dating back into the 50's.

warbird1 likes this.