Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 vs 33/4 Ford pickup front fender- Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jkustom, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi guys, long time. I have a line on what I hope are 33-34 front fenders.. The sellers swears they are 32-34 fenders, in fact the have "32-33-34 P/U" written on them by him or the guy he got them from, who knows. I know 32 fenders are 32 only and won't work with the 33-34 frames. I've searched for info on how to tell the difference, all I've really come up with is the 33-34's have a recessed area around the front crossmember to clear the rivets, and that the 32's don't have that recess (or bump, whatever it is). Are there any other details to look for? Can anyone snap a pic of the area around the crossmember for me please? Thanks.

2. The rivet bump is the easiest way to tell. Does yours have the bump? post a picture of yours

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The main difference is in the curvature of the flange that bolts to frame, and would be pretty difficult to spot on its own. Go for the rivet bump! And if you screw this up and get '32's, they are worth more anyway so you won't lose money!

4. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have them yet, just thinking of collecting parts to put fenders on my truck project, and wondering if I'm actually buying what I hope I am, lol.

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't NEED fender for a 32 right this moment, but that's never stopped me from buying parts before! Thanks guys.

5. This is a pretty crappy photo, but here are the rivet bumps...just in front of the two hood latch holes

IMG_6110.PNG

6. Better pic. If those fenders have this bump on each side, they are 33/34. If not, 32 car or truck

IMG_6111.PNG

7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah!! I've seen those before! Thanks for jogging my memory Chris! Appreciate it.