Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for interior shop in SW Missouri

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leevon, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

I'm searching for a shop that can help finish off my '50 chevy pickup interior. Thinking maybe diamond tuck distressed leather or maybe a metal flack tuck and roll, not sure yet. There are a lot of "upholstery" shops around, just can't seem to find one that can think beyond boat interiors. I'm in Springfield, but anywhere within a 100 miles or so will do. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

3. Mo rust

Mo rust

I'm in the Springfield area too and have been looking for an upholstery shop as well. All I seem to hear about is the ones to avoid.

4. convx4

convx4

Boys it looks like it is time to buy your self a walking foot sewing machine.
    I have a Singer 111w155 that I bought cheep. In the process of getting it up and running like a top. Parts are easy to get and the off brand ones are cheep.
    The HOG RING dot COM is a good web site.

5. Mo rust

Mo rust

We've got a walking foot machine that my father has used to upholster several cars over the past 40 years. Its a 1929 singer model 151 W1 industrial glove machine that he bought years ago at an auction for a dollar. He made a welt foot and a few others and he geared it to turn slow by using a crank pulley off of a 283. Now at 84 years old, my father would prefer to focus on the fabrication side of building cars so I would prefer to pay someone else to do the upholstery if I could find someone doing decent work for a reasonable price. If not, he plans to teach my wife how to upholster.

6. Eric1967

Eric1967
    from Union, Mo

I have been doing some upholstery work out of my garage at home. I am in Union, Mo. That is probably further than you want to drive. I only work on stuff I am comfortable with, still new at this. I would be cheap to get the experience. If that interest you send me a message. Good luck.
    Thanks Eric

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. rjones35

rjones35

Maybe try So-Mo Speedshop in Springfield? I don't think they do it, but maybe have some leads. Been a while back, but I bought some carbs from them. Seem like good guys.

8. Mo rust

Mo rust

I've never heard of those guys before now and I've been here all my life. I'll have to stop by and check them out.

9. rjones35

rjones35

They use to be in Galena(?) I think, just recently moved into Springfield. I dealt with them 3-4 years ago.

10. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

If nothing turns up in your area you might contact LeBaron Bonney in Amesbury Ma.
    They fabricate custom kits as well as factory original kits.
    They own Hampton Coach which is a long established GM interior kit maker.

11. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

You might try MOFFET KUSTOMS in Grandby, Missouri. Doug Moffet does interiors. Granby is just west of you on highway 60. I don't have a phone number but Doug is on facebook.

12. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Larry's Auto Trim on College Street in Springfield. He's not cheap and often really backed up, but hot rod work is his thing.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@ryno had a local guy do the shoe box that was in his shop last hamb drags and it looked pretty good I'd give him a hollar

ryno likes this.
  14. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

There's a guy in Columbus Kansas in the s.e. corner of Kansas. About 30 minutes west of Joplin mo.

His name is oz and all he does is rods and customs. Beautiful work. He has plenty of references.

15. ryno

ryno

i have a local, joplin mo guy. shoot me a pm if your interested and ill get you his contact info, hes got 2 bench seat and a Cadillac couch hes doing for me now.

oz is good, expensive. he has done some stuff for me.