Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '32 Story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3dnsouth, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Great story,love the history it adds character to the car.

2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing!! Especially all about the family included! Since me & my 32 roadster were born in the same year, guess thats why I like all 32's.
    Everybody is correct about the neat stories posted on HAMB, its almost like having your own personal "library" at your fingertips!
    Guess I'll have to post my roadster bio on HAMB before too long, I have had it since 1962, & the family has a definate bearing on it during & after construction from 1962--1968. This is a genuine all steel 1932 Ford roadster with 300,000 miles on the road!!!-------Don

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

what are ya waiting for Don,were all ears

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, I'll get things together in order,-----promise not to go to sleep, don't want to bore anyone!!!!--------Don:D:D

5. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Wow...what an inspirational story....I pray that my car stays in the family that long. What a blessing that you have all of the old pics and memories. Great write up!

6. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Thanks for the history Tim, It's a very cool car. See you in August.

Greg

7. Man, can't believe the old post came back up. For 'the rest of the story' on the car (earlier days) check out my followup post, with updated info, from catching up with Marshall. Marshall had some great pics he hooked me up with. Thanks for readin'.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268369

8. 296ardun

296ardun

Really glad I asked the question...got this thread back up...(though kind of sad to see how many of the original posters are no longer on here much)

9. I really like what you've done with the car.

10. As an update to this old post of mine.....

I was lookin' around the web and came across a cool picture I had never seen of the roadster! This was at George Rays Dragstrip in Paragould, Arkansas. I sent it to Stan and he remembered it well. He said he figures it was taken in '72. He loved checkin' it out. Don't know who took it.
    IMG_0611.JPG

Man, always love the old photos!
    Check out the additional history I found out on the roadster posted here,
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/my-32-story-part-ii-48-to-60-w-pics.268369/

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Man, I thought this thread would lose its pictures after the photobucket debacle. So, BUMP...just in case this thing is about to die. Thought I posted these using pb...hmm.