Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Does anyone know Halibrandsteve in Edmonton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33highboy, Jun 27, 2017.

1. 33highboy

33highboy
    from Florida

As a follow up to an unsuccessful conversation thread gone bad started a few weeks back.....Does anyone know how to personally contact Halibrandsteve? A few of us purchased expensive parts from him around April or May. Our checks were cashed but no contact with Halibrandsteve since. Perhaps he is ill, moved, or worse?? We have not been able to contact him even with Ryans help. If anyone knows Halibrandsteve from Edmonton and can shed some light on his disappearance it would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps we have other members in Edmonton. We would appreciate anyone's help but respectfully don't need any commentary on shoulda, coulda, woulda with parts deals on the HAMB. Thank you.

2. 52lomofo

52lomofo

I'm from Edmonton don't know him personally per say help any way I can

stillrunners likes this.
  3. There are a few of us here from Edmonton but I don't know the guy personally. Any contact info? Has anyone that has been ripped off tried contacting the Edmonton City Police?

4. 33highboy

33highboy
    from Florida

I'm hoping for a resolution or explanation and not a rip off

Steve Phillips
    Edmonton, Alberta
    CANADA T6W1G4

I do have a street address

5. I posted up on the Canadian Rodder forum to see if anyone there knows what's up with him.
    http://www.canadianrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?p=227903#post227903

If there are enough of you I would probably give the Edmonton Police Services a call and see if they might sent someone by the address you have to make sure he is still there.
    http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/

6. I have no idea how long the problem has been going on and I hope this is not him but this was listed in the obits in Edmonton,Canada.

If so,you will need to file against his estate. HRP

Steven James Phillips
    Passed on: July 26th, 2016

With broken hearts we announce Steven's passing at St. Clare's Mercy Hospital on Tuesday, July 26, 2016, in the presence of his loving family and friends. Left to cherish his memories are his loving wife Jacqueline and five week old daughter Madison; fath...

7. 33highboy

33highboy
    from Florida

thankfully no as my transaction was the beginning of this year.

8. If these guys made deals with him in April and May I would hope he hasn't been dead since last July.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I personally believe that this is trouble of some sort OTHER than theft. I've dealt with him, he's been on here forever, he's just plain not a bad guy. This is a pretty good bunch of people here and the bad apples get called out early in their careers. Bruce

10. He was last here on May 22, 2017. I could be wrong but I believe there was another post about this same subject a few weeks ago. Hope he is OK.

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Agreed.I have dealt with Steve in the past and all went smooth.As for speed of the transaction.. If I can remember it took about 30 -45 days.... but it was many years ago.

12. 33highboy

33highboy
    from Florida

Does anyone have a phone number from old records?

13. That's one thing you can take off the list.

Just trying to offer some help,I saw no mention of what year,only it's drug out for a long time. HRP

14. wonder if someone's using his name and access if he did pass on....sounds like one - maybe two deals done since - but more deals not completed.....?

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

If I remember correctly(and I could be wrong)....I think Steve may work(or did work) in the Oil Patch industry and travels a lot....Not defending... just trying to remember.I tried to go back to old messages... but they are long gone.... and my paper work is long gone as well(sorry) it has been 6-8 years ago when i bought a old Schroader sprint box from him)
    I hope all gets resolved.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. 5window

5window

I truly hope it all works out. Good guy or not, one should not have cashed checks over a period of time and then not ship the parts or even be in contact. Sounds like you are doing what you can-even with Ryan's resources. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  17. I bought something from him years ago and it was like pulling teeth! Seems like a good guy though from my limited experiences with him? I hope he is ok.

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Border guards may have confiscated said parts as contraband:rolleyes:

19. alchemy

alchemy

I sold him tires many years ago, but don't have any contact info anymore. I didn't have any difficulties back then.

Hope he didn't trampled by a moose.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. 5window

5window

That doesn't explain the lack of communication. Plus, it seems there were to have been multiple shipments and it is unlikely they all were seized. I don't think your suggestion holds water.

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

First my apologies to 33highboy.
    I know this is a serious issue with the OP, I get it.
    But these kind of threads tend to get a bit heavy and over speculative.
    Thought a smidgeon of humor might lighten things up.
    Carry on.

22. oneredryderone

oneredryderone

23. oneredryderone

oneredryderone

i re-read that a 'check' was involved.... not paypal transaction.
    further that check was 'mailed'/USPS? correct me, suggesting a cancelled check should have the financial institution information on the back side-(bank/credit union name, and account information plus the signature of the account holder)- this feller has to have an address somewhere.
    not to mention using the services of the USPS and a financial institution to commit a 'crime' may be of interest to the U.S. and Canadian authorities....

cheat me out of money and goods, i will find you....

red

stillrunners and lbcd like this.
  24. 5window

5window

Oh, yeah. that's cool. No problem and I think I'll just sit back and watch the OP and anyone who can really help. PM sent