Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical F1 Seering Box Flange Diagram for AV8

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A BONED, Apr 26, 2017.

1. A BONED

A BONED

Hey fellas, I saw ages ago that someone had posted up a diagram with measurements for a metal flange to be welded onto the sector shaft end of a 48-52 Ford F1 steering box for AV8 application. I've been looking but can't find it now, can someone help me out.

Chris.

2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Rather than making a flange I used the flange off a 30-31 steering box. The shaft size is the same, I cut the flange off the F1 box and the Model A box, installed new bushings positioned it where I wanted it and had it welded. Bolts in the stock holes, I moved the box closer to the frame for clearance and used another Model A flange as a support bearing on the outside of the frame.

Attached Files:

bct likes this.
  3. A BONED

A BONED

Thanks Model A Gomez, looks like a nice install. I could do the same, I have a couple of old model A steering boxes in my spare parts bin. Good to hear from you amigo, the boys in my Club call me Gomez.

HeyyCharger likes this.
  4. bct

bct

I just made an equilateral triangle the height of my frame rail. Radiused to fit at the top and bottom.