Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ACME SPEED SHOP - ROAD TRIP TO THE ROUNDUP April "fools" edition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Acme Speed Shop, Apr 1, 2017.

1. 6X2

6X2

[​IMG]
    Some sights in Cortez CO as we wait for the repair [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Read the items for sale on this menu in town that's been there over 100 years! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Like father , like son ? John , hope the rest of your trip is great without any problems . Great talking to you again this year . Blue

3. Roadsir

Roadsir

Thanks for taking the time to share...!

4. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

John, I always look forward to "going along" with you on your adventure to LSRU.

I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to share it with the rest of us!!!!

5. 32fordlover

32fordlover

What were they asking for the windmill ? Thank's

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was it the same problem you had on the 2012 road trip at Bob Owens with i think a rear axle bearing misbehaving.

6X2 likes this.
  7. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Another great road trip to the Roundup is in the books. Every year ends up being a new story even if we travel some of the same roads. We drove a total of 4906 miles this trip and we had a great time.

Citizen Mike was an awesome road trip partner and rolled with the punches that a long trip in an old delivery van dishes out. He saw firsthand why we call the van "the Happy Van" as it seems you can't go anywhere in it without people approaching you with a big smile asking about the van.

We had a great time at LSRU and were treated like family by Steve, Brian, Will and the whole show crew. Thanks so much!!!!

I had a chance to install some stuff my shop built for my two very good friends Ryan and Keith while in Austin and Mike was good natured about being made an installer for two days of his vacation. (I told him it's not actually work if you are having fun).

We got home last evening just at sunset after making the 1000 mile push from Cortez Colorado. I hope you enjoyed the travel log as much as we enjoyed the traveling. Thanks for following along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

63fdsnr, kiwijeff, pat59 and 7 others like this.
  8. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

An excellent journey! Sad to see it come to an end. Thanks again for sharing it .

9. 6X2

6X2

[​IMG]
    Had the road trip of a lifetime with my good friend John. He is gracious host and travel companion. It was amazing to meet so many of you whom I read about so often! The kindness that was shown to me was amazing! Reading Ryan's assessment of what LSRU is really about was spot on...it's the people that make it feel like family! Till next time, stomp that pedal and blaze some trails!!

63fdsnr, kiwijeff, pat59 and 5 others like this.
  10. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Enjoyed the trip! BTW, Bend is our favorite town in Oregon.

6X2 likes this.
  11. jim snow

jim snow

Thank you for the ride along and awesome photos. Next year there is gonna be an Asssorted Nuts crew from South Carolina making the Roundup.Snowman

Crusty Chevy likes this.
  12. Another great trip log. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

13. ...youz guys are livin the life!

14. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Yes it looks like we've been using the wrong axle seal all along and the axle bearings have been rubbing on them causing eventual bearing failure. We shall see.

loudbang likes this.
  15. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

That flag photo is outstanding!

loudbang likes this.
  16. I look forward to next year. Thanks for sharing.

6X2 likes this.
  17. quote"Yes it looks like we've been using the wrong axle seal all along and the axle bearings have been rubbing on them causing eventual bearing failure. We shall see."

Easy fix just carry a spare set of bearings, never have another axle bearing problem. !!!

18. Mike
    Nice to meet you at LSRU. Make sure Mr. Bill has the front seat next year as well.
    Dee

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and 6X2 like this.
  19. 6X2

6X2

Thanks. The flag was huge and sounded so peaceful fluttering in the wind.

loudbang likes this.
  20. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

That's a great log of your trip- I really like all the old buildings and sights you took the time to photograph, Thanks!

21. Thanks for including us in the adventure, loved it

6X2 and CornfieldPerformance like this.
  22. John and Mike, what a great adventure again, thanks for let me travel with. funny guys you are, good eye for good stuff and tons of humor! love esp. the vultures up on the roof in CO eatin' up the vulnerable old ford .... thank you thousand times, must be fun to eat miles with your truck!

Carsten

loudbang likes this.
  23. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Two fools + 4900 miles in the Acme Van = FUN.

Ron Funkhouser, loudbang and JOYFLEA like this.
  24. Thanks for the ride again and all the great sights to be seen along the way.

25. Lkfflk

Lkfflk

I'm glad to see you guys made it back in one piece as did we the crazy Canadians who drove a total of 5597km to party and hang out with the best people ever hope y'all will have us back