Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 mercury jamco suspension deluxe ball joint conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950 mercury, May 28, 2011.

1. 1950 mercury

1950 mercury

hi just trying to find out if any one has fitted a jamco suspension front end ball joint kit to a 50 mercury and i would like to know if one is driving around with any problems or with out any problems.

2. andycpsco

andycpsco
    from england uk

If you mean the kit with top/bottom arms mine has just been done.it drives great!!

Attached Files:

3. jkluge

jkluge

how does it drive at 70+ mpg?

4. Squablow

Squablow

70 MPG would be impressive, not sure how suspension would help that though....

Old resurrected thread but I wouldn't mind hearing more about this. I don't want to do any cutting on my '51 and I'd prefer just to run all stock rebuilt stuff but if there really is advantage here and it all is just bolt-on I wouldn't mind hearing more about it. Is any lowering gained with this kit?

5. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I don't know about being truly "bolt-on",however, I think that a suspension with ball joints would be easier to align in general, especially if you've changed the geometry. I would also imagine parts would be easier to find to along with alignment shops.

Try contacting Jamco.