Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Desoto Airflow Tail lights

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by HopUp, Apr 5, 2017.

1. telekenfun

telekenfun

DSCN2524.JPG This fellow Ollie in Sweden that DSCN2519.JPG I got my first pair from said they were Chrysler Airflow taillights, here they are saying they're Desoto. It didn't matter to me what they were off of, I thought they were the coolest and had to have them. I thought I was being foolish paying Ollie the price of a plane ticket from here to Stockholm for my first pair. After following this thread, I realize Ollie gave me a great deal. Now, 4woody's remarks tell me I should theft-proof their mounting. I didn't realize they were that popular.
    I didn't care for the original bucket's shape so I swapped them for '37 Dodge buckets that have a fatter profile more in keeping with the shape of the '36 Ford headlight buckets. I found a second pair that I used one of for a third brake light. I put it up high on the decklid so the car behind me could see me braking, the other pair are so low they are below the hoodline of the tailgaters behind me.
    When I first got them mounted My wife remarked that the looked like Wonder Woman's bra! No wonder I liked them so much!
    Best Regards & good luck with all your endeavors Hambers, KB.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    stanlow69 likes this.
  2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Looks like someone beat me to it, now everyone can have a set! Wish the webbing was a little thicker, kinda cheezy looking if you own originals I guess.....................
    s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l500.jpg

stanlow69 likes this.