Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hands-on Restoration Class Saturday April 22nd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paint Guru, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Paint Guru

Paint Guru
    from Bowdon, GA

We have been asked to do a full Saturday Class, so we have put one in the schedule. We are putting a cost of $20 per person BUT the $20 pays for a respirator that will be fit tested by Gerson and for breakfast and lunch.
    We will have 3 different sessions and the class will be split into 3-4 Seperate groups.

Group 1: Learn proper panel replacement, rust removal etc using 2 part epoxies from SEM.
    Group 2: Learn proper ways to apply bodyfiller, block sanding techniques and what grit sandpaper to use where. This will be taught by USC representatives.
    Group 3: Learn our new lacquer paint, and understanding the difference between paint types, everyone will get to spray and buff the lacquer. (the buffing section might be put into a 4th group)

If you have any questions or to RSVP please call or text our store with your information. Class will be held at :

Quality Coating Supply LLC
    220 Avenue C
    Carrollton GA 30117
    678-982-7820

Class will start at 10 a.m est and end at 5pm.
    If you are going to fly in please let us know, and we will provide transportation to and from airport. Multiple hotels are close to the store and we can also provide transportation to and from hotel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

DFH-GMC and DesmoDog like this.
  2. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I think that its great that someone is doing something like this. The price is so fair, that if I was closer I would be in, and I've been doing it for a long time. Good for you Guru.
    Tony

Paint Guru likes this.
  3. Paint Guru

Paint Guru
    from Bowdon, GA

Just a quick reminder about the upcoming clinic. We have vendors coming to participate and train. It's a mini hands on NACE or SEMA show!
    If you are flying in, Please fly into Hartsfield Jackson (Atlanta Airport) on Friday. We will pick-up, the hotel most people are staying at is the Courtyard By Marriott in Carrollton, GA. We will take care of dinner that night for anyone staying overnight. Any questions just let me know.

4. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

WOW!.
    PG, this is the deal of the decade. Too far for me, but if it were close enough, I'd burn vacation days for this.
    Thanks for doing this.
    Any possibility of doing a video of this? Kinda a PITA, but helpful for those that can't attend.
    Marcus...

5. Paint Guru

Paint Guru
    from Bowdon, GA

We tried to film, but people are up and down too much. I am going to work on some videos, soon as I get slowed down.

6. Paint Guru

Paint Guru
    from Bowdon, GA

Screenshot_20170406-174206.jpg

Here is the flyer for the clinic. Might have a Iwata spray gun to give away as well. Still trying to smooth talk the local rep.

7. Paint Guru

Paint Guru
    from Bowdon, GA