Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Charlotte Spring Autofair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tacson, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Tacson

Tacson

Made it back home. Thanks to a fellow Hamber for letting me use his unused vendor pass. I definitely appreciate it. I had a good time and can now make plans to attend the spring in 2018. I hope everyone who went made it back home safely.

From the 80s likes this.
  2. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

It's great to be home after our 1000 mile round trip. We arrived on Thursday morning after a horrible drive thru the fog in north central NC, to strong wind and sticky red mud in the Red field. We set up in our Red field space, compliments of EMS (thanks!). I saw parts moving with the wind that I never dreamed could get airborne. Of course, a few portable toilets tipped over with the wind. We headed for the area inside the track only to find that most of the vendors were still hunkered down in their beds. Buying would have to wait until about 10am! Friday was nearly a carbon copy, although the wind had dried most of the mud- so now dust was a factor. Saturday dawned with only a gentle breeze, thankfully, but the temps were still chilly. It seemed that more than a few vendors decided to skip out early, so the swap meet field was dotted with vacant spaces. Certainly not the warm weather and busy swap meet field of Autofair years past, but still enjoyable. Just for the record, the parking and the bottled water cost the same- $5. And the track was busy dismantling bleacher seating on the backstretch. Maybe the NASCAR faithful don't think much of the $5 water, either. Now it's on to Spring Carlisle- let's skip the wind and hope for warmth!

Attached Files:

From the 80s likes this.
  3. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

IMG_3232.JPG IMG_3252.JPG IMG_3236.JPG IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3234.JPG Just made it back to beautiful downtown Jensen Beach, Florida. My 10 hour ride took 11 1/2 due to I-95 being a parking lot in SC.

Saw several old friends and H.A.M.B. buds. Got rid of some parts and replaced them with smaller lighter ones so that was a win win.

Best part of the weekend was spending some time with the Iron Lords at their new digs. Thanks guys.

flat 39 and From the 80s like this.
  4. Glad you had a safe trip, Lee!! So good to see you and your buddy!! Already looking forward to fall!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app