Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical F1 Dual master

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61Tudor, Apr 3, 2017.

1. 61Tudor

61Tudor

Hi All, I have just acquired an unmolested 52 F1 pickup and am trying to get it to where I can drive it around the lot. Biggest problem is no brakes. Pedal goes right to the floor, so #1 is a new master and I want it to be dual chamber. I have searched this site and most stories cover firewall mounting, disc brake conversion etc. The ones that sound like I am doing have links that no longer work.
    What I want to do for now anyway, is maintain 4 wheel drum with an underfloor master, dual chamber. Preferably without a remote reservoir. Can anyone guide me here? I can build the 2-3 hole adapter, just want to source the correct master first time out!
    Thanks!

2. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Contact ECI Brakes Vernon, Ct. they have what you need. Did my 51 F-1 dual master cylinder (early mustang) four wheel drum works great.

3. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Generally, you should have a bunch of options for manual drum front and rear if you look at cylinders that were originally used between 67 and 73 or so. After that, you start to get many more vehicles with disk front brakes. Full sized cars and pickups would be where I would start since the vehicle weights and brake sizes should be similar.

I would look first at a 68 F100, manual drum/drum MC and see how much modification was required. You can get a brand new one for around $30.

4. RAF is right. I went to the same place. This is your best route.