Register now to get rid of these ads!

History How Silva Got His Groove Back

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Silva

Silva

Homeagain.JPG

I feel pretty lucky! Donnie T was the best caretaker of the car anyone could ask for. He finished the glass work
    and trimmed the interior with materials I gave him at the time of sale, otherwise completely unchanged...

Huge thanks to Donnie's wife Deborah for reaching out to me. Lovely people.

T-roaster, fauj, Chris and 6 others like this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

Cool Coupe and a great story. You must be livin' right Kevin, Enjoy!

3. belair

belair

Wow. Stops you in your tracks. One of the perfect cars.

4. el Roach

el Roach

Very cool. Thanks for the story Ryan and congrats to Kevin!

5. Great story & thanks Ryan for posting it. Very right on hot rod & so glad it is back where it belongs. I like the Cal. statement. Lot's of people ask me why don't you ever sell one of your deuces as I have 3 of them and this is why.....Once they are gone it is almost impossible to replace them for what you got for it.

6. Weird, the timing of this story, and the '33 pickup comments. I have been rolling around in my head the idea of letting my '34 pickup go and just can't seem to pull the trigger. Thanks for the wisdom here, fellas. I think I'll hold onto the ol' gal for a little while longer and just enjoy having her in the garage. Might go out for a drive this evening, too.

Flowmeister likes this.
  7. Thelost40

Thelost40

I love happy endings!

8. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

This was the year of the monsoon at the LSRU 2009 when it rained so hard on Friday we had to move the whole show inside the swap meet barn including the stage and the band. It was a great year having everything packed in the showbarn and then the skies parted and it was beautiful on the Saturday.

Malcolm likes this.
  9. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Cool! Kevin Silva is golden and I've always been proud of that chop!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Stories like this with a happy ending are rare as hen's teeth. Its good to hear there is still a brotherhood of like minded hot rodders out there in the sea of scalpers and flippers that take some of the fun out of the passion we feel for these old cars. Congratulations to you and thanks sharing the story Ryan.

11. slug

slug

I remember this car when it was for sale. I still have pictures I printed at that time. I wanted this car sooooo bad! Perfect 34. Congrats

12. Nobey

Nobey

Totally re-couperated....

13. wicarnut

wicarnut

Kevin is a Lucky man, hope he went and bought lottery tickets for a while, that kind of Karma and friendship are similar to the odds on lottery tickets IMO.

14. Silva

Silva

That's one to be proud of Bob...

Last edited: May 13, 2017