Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1928 AV8 Steering Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LesIsMore, Mar 28, 2017.

1. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

I have a 1939 Ford Steering Box in my A, planned to rebuild, but am considering a Vega box instead, does anyone know how similar the mounting brackets are? Are the holes even close or completely different. I am looking at pictures but cant tell without a measurement and haven't nought a box yet. Anyone have vega sterring box mount holes measurements or know how they compare to my 1939 Ford box currently in car?

2. SimonSez

SimonSez

Here is a link to the Chassis Engineering bolt-on adaptor for a GM Steering box into a 37-40 Ford, and it looks like the holes are a far way apart.

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/as-2090-steering-adapter-for-1937-1940-ford/

They don't say which GM steeering box, but I think it is the 525, which I think is the same bolt pattern as a Vega, but someone else will be able to confirm that.

You may even be able to use that adaptor if you have the room but it might space the steering box to far away from the frame?

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Bolt pattern will be different and as noted by SimonSez may move your box in too much. If you have a decent box that can be rebuilt, not sure what you gain with a Vega box IMHO.