Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Winter is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 8, 2016.

1. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

pain that it is,
    i wouldn't trade it for a Kansas tornado... or a Norlenz hurricane... or a California earthquake ...
    let it snow,

Jet96 likes this.
  2. noboD

noboD

17 inches today. Thanks Dave!!

3. Pufff

Pufff

4. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

5. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

Waiting for it to melt here in good old Bristol Pa.

mad mikey likes this.
  6. It's almost over with. After all, tomorrow is the first day of spring! :)

mad mikey likes this.
  7. dwollam

dwollam

All our snow is long gone. Temps are in 50's to 60's in the daytime. 20's and 30's at night. Now if we could just get it to stop raining we would be good to go. I have to ask why is it raining in the high desert anyway??

Doug, I spent a day last week putting together a '24 Screenside Cab from a cowl I had and a rear section I bought a year ago and finally picked up at the CA / OR border on the way home from Bonneville last year.

8. noboD

noboD

Good for you Dave. I ran out of energy, hope to get motivated come spring.

9. We're not doing terribly on the Island. Dodged the bullet with Stella last week big time or we would still be digging out. I'm working on the Ford mainly outside and as long as its over 40, I'm okay with that.

mad mikey likes this.
  10. It hit 79 here today.I took a break from the 56 Chrysler and did some staining on our cabin today. Bruce.

mad mikey and bobss396 like this.
  11. This guy could not care less!
    IMG_0107.JPG

Jet96, mad mikey, Baumi and 3 others like this.
  12. Spring has arrived ...

But hail season can last into the Summer ...

[​IMG]

Jim

13. It was 16 yesterday morning, 30 this morning, now is 40 but a raw blustery day , feels like 25. Saturday may hit 60 and I'll work on the Ford as parts come in. Still waiting for spring to finally spring.

14. j3harleys

j3harleys

It's back. Been having a very mild winter but its back today, Over 400 miles off highway closed. But By noon tomorrow you wont even know it stormed. And I hate what everybody always says WE NEED THE MOISTURE but we really do.

15. noboD

noboD

Snow is gone, supposed to be 70 tomorrow. I heard peeper frogs singing Tuesday night when I took the garbage out.

mad mikey likes this.
  16. Frogs here are still skiing!:eek:
    [​IMG]

dwollam likes this.
  17. bangerbob

bangerbob

Just gas up and go!!!! 20170323_194400.jpg st put in gas and go!!!!

dwollam and Jet96 like this.
  18. It hit 65 here again today. I think winter may be over for us but we don't plant anything till the 3rd week in April.There always is a sneaky blackberry winter frost that likes to sneak in in April. Bruce.

bobss396 likes this.
  19. 44 here today so far... may have a fish on the line to help with my rear springs. But nobody shows up before 11 when its cold out. I work in the cold as long as it gets past 45 and the wind is not bad.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  20. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-3-25_5-12-41.png
    Hello,
    Look at what is coming towards us...Old Man Winter is not finished with all of us as yet. (despite being spring) He looks a little ticked off and hungry... Modern radar imagery...great technology for our times. Prepare...
    Jnaki
    As stated before, sometimes it just shifts north and hits Northern Cal as we get just a small tail end in So Cal. (there are times it is intense for us, but much stronger for the northern neighbors.) As usual, the whole system just moves east and causes a lot of different scenarios across the USA.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  21. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-3-26_17-19-44.png
    Hello,
    As everyone has mentioned earlier, this year has/had some weird weather patterns and direction... This morning, it looked like a deluge headed our way, but only a slight mist. By lunch time, it was typical So Cal weather, sunny and nice. Now, in looking at the weather radar map, Nor Cal and the PNW got blasted again and the whole system skipped us completely.

Jnaki
    So, stay safe and drive carefully...watch the hydroplaning.

22. VTjunk

VTjunk

20170325_144021.jpg
    Yesterday, out searching some back roads

dwollam, mcnally351 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  23. Was71 degrees in my shop yesterday, doors open and put in 9 hours of work on the coupe, not done yet but almost ready to punish some pavement .:)

Bruce Fischer and pat59 like this.
  24. marman1950

marman1950

dwollam and Jet96 like this.
  25. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

sno-no-mo...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  26. Had a slushy mess on my car early yesterday morning, steady rain for the last 3 days and it was 36 this morning. Seeing some signs of spring, tulips trying to come up, cardinals are making a racket, saw a few robins. When the mourning doves come back I'll believe spring is close.

27. It got so cold here in Texas this last winter, I had to dig my denim jacket out of the back of the closet.

28. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

up here we all have snow shovels... but you guys have denim shovels to dig out denim ? how much are they ?

29. Been in the 70s all week here but, last night it got down to 38 here in the foothills of the Smoky Mountians. I still have the snow shovel on the front porch. I will put it away after Easter. LOL. Bruce.

30. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

can't post pix... [file is too large for the server to prossess]... any tips