Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Low pressure Guages

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Does anyone know where I could get some low pressure oxygen and acetylene gauges? I hav e Dillon/Cobra/Henrob welding outfit and it is recommended that low pressure gauges be used for better pressure accuracy rather than just winging it. Still trying to get used to the "pistol" style system.

2. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

Your local welding supply shop should be able to hook you up...

3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

When I asked them they said "medical" = $$$$$.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Check on that auction site we all know and love. Good chance you'll find what you're looking for, and cheaper than "medical" applications. I spent 32 years in healthcare; you would not believe the initial cost, and then the markups involved. It is truly the most ridiculous system when it comes to costs. Trust your shadiest used car dealer before anyone involved in selling/purchasing/utilizing medical products, no matter how small or large.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No real need for low pressure regulators, you can use your standard regulators with a Henrob:

I don't think I'd turn the oxygen off first like this guy does, though. Years ago I was taught "A before O or up you go"...
    You can download the whole manual.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  6. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

Go to a different place,I bought a oxy gauge at our local shop for 10 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. The Dillon dealer out of South Carolina had them the last time I saw him set up.
    Sorry that I can't remember his name, he's been doing it for years.

8. blackanblue

blackanblue

Jewelers use small torches maybe inquire there. Has to be less than medical stuff.

9. deuceman32

deuceman32

Yes, that's him in the video above. I talked to him at Hershey last fall and he was already sold out on the regulators. He suggested that I check at home for a low pressure acetylene gauge to change out the low side on one of my existing regulators, so that the acetylene can be easily set to 4 PSI flowing, then set the oxy reg as in the video. Last week I was in Princess Auto and they had such a gauge for eleven bucks.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/0-to-30-psi-acetylene-regulator-replacement-gauge/A-p0110053e